“Excellent first NY visit staying in the Ink48”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #82 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Belfast
“Excellent first NY visit staying in the Ink48”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had my first visit to NY over Easter and choose the Ink48 on family recommendation and I am so glad we did. We were greeted by Stephen Field on reception and he could not have been more helpful. The hotel was an ideal location for me, it had the excellent views of the Hudson River and the NY skyline rising to it's right. It was a perfect retreat from the flurry of Manhattan but within easy reach. Stephen's recommendations on restaurants where excellent and we felt genuinely looked after on our stay. The roof top bar was a treat and provided excellent vantage point to photograph the NY skyline. I would highly recommend Ink48 hotel as a NY base.

Room Tip: Higher rooms recommended for views and makes for a quieter location
Green Features: Ink48 provides excellent environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hey Brenda M (Belfast),

Thanks so much for the kind words! And yes, Stephen is the man. He's one of our best and brightest and we're lucky to have him. Seems like you were able to take advantage of a lot of what we have to offer and I'm so glad it was a pleasant experience for you.

Hope you come back to Ink48 again soon! Thanks again for the great feeback. It's reviews from people like you that reassure us that all our hard work is paying off.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in Hell's Kitchen for the first time and has the pleasure of being met by Stephen Filed on reception. Throughout our whole visit he bent backwards to ensure we had every need met. We were upgraded and had champagne and chocolates as a gift. We were given many restaurant and attraction recommendations and he was always genuinely interested in what we had to say.The hotel itself was very comfortable, in a great location and the roof top bar was a treat too. I would highly recommend you stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for high level room as you will have great views of the city.
Hello Clare G,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our all-star concierge Stephen. As you've experienced, he is a great asset to our team and we're grateful for all he does. Seems like you were also able to check out the rooftop bar which makes me very happy to hear. The views are truly spectacular and glad you got to check it out for yourself.

Hopefully see you at Ink48 again sometime soon...

New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

As a recent leg amputee I travel to the city quite often for medical care. Each time I've stayed at a different Hotel in search of that "perfect one". My search is FINALLY over. Extremely friendly staff, impeccably clean and SPACIOUS rooms and wonderful food! I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and that means a lot coming from someone who has never left a review for a thing until now. Thanks INK48 for giving me a home away from home. See you soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hey Elisha N,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We take pride in meeting the needs of anyone and everyone and it thrills me to hear you call Ink48 a home away from home. That's the exact type of atmosphere we try to create here and it's feedback from people like yourself, who take the time to write a review, that tells us we are doing our job.

Thank you again, and hope to see you at your "home away from home" again soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Well upon arriving to New York from the UK in what can only be described as tiring we pulled up to Ink48 at dusk! After seeing everyone else's hotels on the transfer in the hustle & bustle of the Midtown Manhatten (we won't lie) didn't know what to expect of Ink48. It was a fair bit further out of the way than the others (Actually very close when you figure out the streets layout) also right opposite a car sales place rather than amongst other hotels. We COULD not have been more wrong with first impressions. The hotel was so clean & presentable with very welcoming staff!

We were shown to our room very swiftly and again the room was very clean & comfortable. We then ordered room service which was not too expensive. The food arrived promptly and was very nice. Could have been hotter however we were so hungry we weren't bothered.

The rooftop bar was great entertainment all be it a little pricey but then its New York not down your local so expected. Seems very popular and always busy. Being a guest of the hotel you get to cue jump ;-) Spectacular Views!! If were honest again this should be open during the afternoon as well...

So brings me to the staff! All staff were well presented and always cheery! Saying hello and asking if they can be of any help. Will & Stephen were extremely helpful towards us and ALWAYS had a recommendation for us depending on what we wanted. Not just that but also making sure we had reservations with the restaurant straight away. These guys made our stay, even with a Complimentary bottle of Wine on ice, in our room to toast off our last night!! Amazing service... Thank you!

Room Tip: The king size rooms are large enough but i would like to sample the suite next time we visit!
Hello wez_hall,

Thank you so much for the kind words about the hotel. It's feeback from people like you that makes it clear we are doing our jobs, so we appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience.

What makes me most happy however is hearing about our awesome staff. Will and Stephen are two of our best. So glad you got to interact with them. Their service is second to none.

Hopefully will see you here again soon! Thanks again...

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, loved our time here. Fantastic views from the rooftop bar, or if you're lucky enough, from your room.
Great location, can walk to pretty much everywhere from here. Friendly helpful, staff. Rooms we're very clean with amazing complimentary animal print robes. Worth a stay!

• Stayed October 2013
Hey Nicola3008,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. Seems like we hit all the marks and you were able to enjoy everything we have to offer, whether it be the room itself, the neighborhood, or our awesome rooftop bar.

In particular, we love hearing about our awesome staff. We try to create a work environment that is enjoyable for them and this in turn is reflected in the great service they provide.

Thank you again, and hope to see you back at Ink48 soon!

Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went to spend Easter with my daughter who is a college student in NYC. We loved it here. My experience was nothing but positive at Ink 48. First, the price I paid was a huge value for NYC. I stayed on Easter weekend and paid the same price I would have paid for a Comfort Inn--but it was so much better. A large room for NYC. Trendy, nicely decorated, and well maintained, clean. Animal print robes in the room--fun. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Free wine served in the lobby from 5 - 6. The rooftop bar opens at 5:00 and the views are spectacular. You have to be 21 to go to the bar but if you have kids under 21 they let you go up and look. We used the spa which was nice--it was nothing extra special but nice to have a spa option. We ate Easter brunch at the restaurant, Print. The food was delicious. The service was average but that is the most negative thing I have to say. Honestly, this hotel was so great that I thought I might be mistaken on the price. I would definitely stay here again. A good tip--this is a Kimpton Hotel (which I had never heard of) and they have a reward program. I don't know if it is the same at all their hotels but with this one, being a member I received a $15 mini bar credit and a $30 spa credit for each treatment I had during my stay. Very nice. The area is close to many restaurants right in the Hell's Kitchen/Chelsea area.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with virtually no view except other buildings but it was ok. The room was quie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello kare17,

Thanks so much for all the kind words! You are right that this hotel really is a great value. Yes, there are other "fancier" hotels in NYC but they cost a fortune and most of the time their service/amenites don't come close to us. Seems to me though you were really able to experience all that the hotel has to offer, and so glad you signed up for our loyalty program too. Those points can add up quickly and it's hard to argue with free money towards the mini-bar and spa.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It's feeback from people like you that resassures us that we are doing a good job.

Hopefully see you here again sometime soon.

Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We chose this hotel because as a converted print works, the rooms seemed large and spacious. We weren't disappointed. Our room was spacious with a high ceiling and very comfortable. Staff at Ink 48 are wonderful. Daria sent up a bottle of bubbly on our first night as it was my first trip to New York and America very helpfully changed our room as the original one on the side of the hotel was so noisy due to the FedEx depot nearby. Our second room on the 6th floor on 11th Avenue was much better but there was still traffic noise all night, ( I guess that's New York for you! Get Ear plugs!). The hotel facilities are fantastic, especially the Print room bar on the 16th floor with it's fantastic views and service. We also appreciated the early evening wine reception which gave us a chance to unwind after a busy days' sightseeing or museum visiting and chat to fellow guests. Joining the loyalty scheme gave us access to free internet access which was useful.
The only downside is the location in an industrial area a long step from the subway.

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for your wonderful e-mail. We will be sure to share the recognition with Daria. This makes us all happy to read positive reviews like yours.

We look forward to welcoming back soon!