“payments issues”

Ranked #82 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“payments issues”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've just returned from a 10 night business trip to New York and the Ink 48 was a great location for the Javits exhibition centre. I paid an extra $20 a night for an upgrade and the room was very comfortable but I think the double glazing could be upgraded as there was plenty of noise coming from outside. However, rather than getting any discount for a 10 night stay I ended up paying two credit card charges as the hotel took one payment for seven nights and a second payment for the remaining three nights. This wasn't made clear at check in and only discovered at check out, by then to late. I took it up with the Manager by email on my return but got a very negative and unhelpful response. The roof top bar was closed for private functions more than it was open to guests during my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (935)
  • Polish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just came back from a week long stay at Ink48 for business. It truly feels like a "home away from home" Rooms are cozy and comfy with a contemporary vibe, and the staff is top-notch, professional, and friendly. The views and the drinks at the rooftop bar are spectacular and a great way to unwind after a long day. The special touches in the lobby main areas, like the welcome pet signs, the afternoon wine-hour, and the awesome seating areas really make you know that you're staying somewhere special. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 May 2014

You definitely pay for what you get. The room and location was definitely worth the price.

I stayed here for 6 days with 2 friends for a Birthday Trip. The room that we stayed in was the Junior suite. It was and odd shape but quite large and was perfect for 3 females with tons of luggage. We had a view of the Hudson river and the room comes with a King Size bed, a very comfortable sofa bed (which is hard to get in hotels these days, and a large bathroom with dual sinks, Jacuzzi, and walk in shower.

As soon as we checked in the receptionist asked if we were here for any special reason. I told her it was my best friend's birthday and she had sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and box of chocolates. The staff was incredibly attentive and always willing to help out. The wine tasting hour is a nice touch. We definitely made it back in time a couple of days to treat ourselves. We also went to the rooftop bar, which has an incredible view of the city. Drinks are a bit pricey, but it is to be expected from a hotel bar.

Location is great, right in hell's kitchen. Primarily, because there are soooo many amazing places to eat around there within walking distance.

A couple of Cons:
First, the shower in the bathroom had a glass door that went from the ground all the way up to the ceiling. There was no gap in the door to let the hot air ventilate so the shower would get steamed up and you felt like you were in a sauna and it was hard to breath. This is probably why I would give this hotel a 4 start instead of a 5, especially when we had to take showers like this for 6 days.

A potential second con, The Hotel is at least a 15 minute walk to the closest subway station. However, coming from a city (Los Angeles) where you have to drive to get everywhere, we loved being able to walk all over New York City.

Overall, I would come back here to stay. It is an amazing property, and Oh, the restaurant they have on sight has GREAT FOOD!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BSPatel
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is really cool! Well done revision of an old printing facility. Great location, great city views, great service and all around great experience. New hip vibe, put together with all the important details a really good hotel needs to make you feel comfortable. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, views are great.
Green Features: They have it all together on the green issues. Have good policies in place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Simply amazing views and very friendly staff. From my experience many hotels stand out in a few specific areas, but this hotel had at all starting with amazing service. First class everything but the price. Rooftop bar is a must see!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed 24 May 2014

To say I loved this hotel would be an understatement. The city view from our room, floor 12, took my breath away and I spent quite a few hours just looking out the window (some of these were spent in the bath which is huge & inside the room for peak city viewing whilst relaxing). The space in the rooms is generous, especially for NYC. The furnishings are stylish & sumptuous. We found the staff to be friendly & polite. The lady at reservations, Lulu Elkerm, went out of her way to accommodate me and we even had a little gift for our anniversary from the hotel. There are some cute touches in the lobby such as water for dogs and flavoured waters in large mason containers for us humans too.

As far as location the hotel it's a bit out of the way of what some people would want to be near like fifth avenue or empire state building but was perfect for us as it's right next to the Hudson running path, close to the plethora of restaurants around Hell's Kitchen 46th 8th/9th. You can walk to Broadway in about 15 minutes and up to central park in 30. Be sure to check out the Press Room for cocktails, an exceptional view of the city from the roof and some delicious food.
This was my first experience of a Kimpton hotel and by these standards they will be a first choice for me in the future.

Room Tip: As with all city hotels the higher the floor the better the view...worth the extra money here as the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I should start by saying I am a fan of Kimpton Hotels for their eclectic and inspired interior design, service ethic and attention to thoughtful details, like having lobby coffee service available early in the morning. I reserved a City View Studio King Room for my husband's birthday. The room had a comfortable lounging sofa and chair, and I knew the large soaking tub would be welcome after a lot of walking. While we had a few agenda items in mind for the weekend, relaxation was high on the list and our room fit the bill for that purpose. The concierge/front desk staff sent a lovely bottle of red wine to our room in honor of my husband's birthday, a really nice touch.

I was wary about the Hell's Kitchen location, as it is a bit far from the subway; that might be a deterrent on other occasions, depending on my schedule. Our room was not ready when we arrived a bit early, so we opted for lunch at the Gotham West Market, 2 short blocks away. Our lunch at El Colmado reminded us of eating tapas at La Boqueria in Barcelona, and another nearby stellar option for breakfast pastries and coffee, or a snack anytime, is Sullivan's Bakery, less than a block away on West 47th St.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our City View room on the 8th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple