“Great rooms, not so great location”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #71 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Would have given this 3 stars if it weren't for the room. The suite we had was spectacular.
Perfectly clean. Modern. Great bathroom and I love how the enormous bathtub is outside of the bathroom. Comfortable bed. Noise wasn't an issue which I'm always happy about.

Staff was amazing!

The things I didn't like:
Location. Not the prettiest. Not unsafe but uncomfortable.
We were among the top 5 floors and the view was nice but not floor to ceiling as they may describe.
The lounge chair was not comfy.
No living room in our jr. suite (would have expected that considering the price)
The robes were kind of gross and worn.

Probably wouldn't stay again unless I needed to be in that area.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great but get a suite if you can. Then go to brunch at Nook.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denay2014
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Ink48 Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel and GREAT staff. We arrived early because of lax to JFK red eye. Stephen at front desk was great. He had our bags stowed, gave us a great recommendation for breakfast and said the hotel would text me (which they did at 1 pm) to tell me rom was ready. Jose, the doorman, was awesome. He gave us great a great recommendation on a bagel shop and also hooked us up w the hotel bikes when we told him we were going to check out Central Park.
The rooftop bar has one of the best views ever. we got a premier city view room and it also had great views. This place is close enough to broadway shows and time square without all the noise and crowds.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveBrody
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very satisfied with our 5 night stay at Ink48. The rooms are very spacious, comfy and clean. Location was pretty close to Times Square (10 min walk). Wine hour every day was great! Amazing views from the rooftop bar. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've just returned from a 10 night business trip to New York and the Ink 48 was a great location for the Javits exhibition centre. I paid an extra $20 a night for an upgrade and the room was very comfortable but I think the double glazing could be upgraded as there was plenty of noise coming from outside. However, rather than getting any discount for a 10 night stay I ended up paying two credit card charges as the hotel took one payment for seven nights and a second payment for the remaining three nights. This wasn't made clear at check in and only discovered at check out, by then to late. I took it up with the Manager by email on my return but got a very negative and unhelpful response. The roof top bar was closed for private functions more than it was open to guests during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just came back from a week long stay at Ink48 for business. It truly feels like a "home away from home" Rooms are cozy and comfy with a contemporary vibe, and the staff is top-notch, professional, and friendly. The views and the drinks at the rooftop bar are spectacular and a great way to unwind after a long day. The special touches in the lobby main areas, like the welcome pet signs, the afternoon wine-hour, and the awesome seating areas really make you know that you're staying somewhere special. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

You definitely pay for what you get. The room and location was definitely worth the price.

I stayed here for 6 days with 2 friends for a Birthday Trip. The room that we stayed in was the Junior suite. It was and odd shape but quite large and was perfect for 3 females with tons of luggage. We had a view of the Hudson river and the room comes with a King Size bed, a very comfortable sofa bed (which is hard to get in hotels these days, and a large bathroom with dual sinks, Jacuzzi, and walk in shower.

As soon as we checked in the receptionist asked if we were here for any special reason. I told her it was my best friend's birthday and she had sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and box of chocolates. The staff was incredibly attentive and always willing to help out. The wine tasting hour is a nice touch. We definitely made it back in time a couple of days to treat ourselves. We also went to the rooftop bar, which has an incredible view of the city. Drinks are a bit pricey, but it is to be expected from a hotel bar.

Location is great, right in hell's kitchen. Primarily, because there are soooo many amazing places to eat around there within walking distance.

A couple of Cons:
First, the shower in the bathroom had a glass door that went from the ground all the way up to the ceiling. There was no gap in the door to let the hot air ventilate so the shower would get steamed up and you felt like you were in a sauna and it was hard to breath. This is probably why I would give this hotel a 4 start instead of a 5, especially when we had to take showers like this for 6 days.

A potential second con, The Hotel is at least a 15 minute walk to the closest subway station. However, coming from a city (Los Angeles) where you have to drive to get everywhere, we loved being able to walk all over New York City.

Overall, I would come back here to stay. It is an amazing property, and Oh, the restaurant they have on sight has GREAT FOOD!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BSPatel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is really cool! Well done revision of an old printing facility. Great location, great city views, great service and all around great experience. New hip vibe, put together with all the important details a really good hotel needs to make you feel comfortable. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, views are great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business