“Amazing boutique experience!”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week and although it's not in the heart of Times Square it is only a short 15 minute walk. This hotel far exceeded my expectations and the customer service is well above what I have experienced in my time. Andres at reception is incredibly knowledgable with NYC, and gave some awesome recommendations for places to eat! I honestly believe customer service in a place can make or break your holiday, and these guys were superb! The rooftop bar gives an amazing view of the NYC backdrop. The hotel itself is very well kept, spacious and super friendly. Definitely recommend this place for a stop in NYC!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Browns82
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello Browns82,

So glad you had a great time with us! Seems to me like you got to enjoy all the perks of staying at Ink48 in addition to all that the neighborhood has to offer. We always appreciate feedback and it's positive experiences from people like you (who also generously take time out to write a review) that reassures us that we are providing the excellent service we strive for.

Hope to see you here again sometime soon!

Best,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the first time I've written a review of a hotel. Our experience was so great that I felt we needed to share. My wife and I spent two nights at Ink48. We've stayed at several Kimpton hotels in Chicago and Washington D.C. over the last 10 years, but this tops the list by far. Amazing place -- and the staff was fabulous. The rooms are huge (by NYC standars) and everyone was very polite and obviously concerned about our stay -- even as we were leaving a member of the cleaning staff stopped us and asked if everything was satisfactory. The rooftop bar is must see for anyone coming to NYC. The rooftop is open to the public, and when we went to go to the rooftop we discovered a long line. We thought we were going to have to wait in the line, and so we started to make other plans. My wife was very disappointed. By chance, I asked the elevator operator if hotel guests needed to wait in line. "You're guests of the hotel?" he asked, and then before I could even confirm his question, he ushered us into the elevator. Wow. They take care of their own at Ink48. Some have noted that the location is a bit out of the way, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, it's why the rooftop view is so amazing. You're close enough to the skyline, but not too close -- you can really take it all in. It's also within easy walking distance of all the Subway stations we needed. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChanonRoss
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while in town for BookCon. Staff was amazing. The rooftop bar had an excellent view. We spent much time walking - we like to - to Times Square, to dinner, to the convention centre. Great restaurants close by. Our room was very clean, modern, comfortable and quiet. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hey Ann H,

Thank you so much for the kind words! Seems like you were able to take advantage of not only all that the hotel has to offer but also our great neighborhood. And of course, our rooftop bar is spectacular, so glad you were able to check that out too.

Also, just want to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It's feedback from people like yourself that reassures us that we are doing our jobs, and we rely heavily on it.

Thanks again, and looking forward to having you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Would have given this 3 stars if it weren't for the room. The suite we had was spectacular.
Perfectly clean. Modern. Great bathroom and I love how the enormous bathtub is outside of the bathroom. Comfortable bed. Noise wasn't an issue which I'm always happy about.

Staff was amazing!

The things I didn't like:
Location. Not the prettiest. Not unsafe but uncomfortable.
We were among the top 5 floors and the view was nice but not floor to ceiling as they may describe.
The lounge chair was not comfy.
No living room in our jr. suite (would have expected that considering the price)
The robes were kind of gross and worn.

Probably wouldn't stay again unless I needed to be in that area.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great but get a suite if you can. Then go to brunch at Nook.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denay2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel and GREAT staff. We arrived early because of lax to JFK red eye. Stephen at front desk was great. He had our bags stowed, gave us a great recommendation for breakfast and said the hotel would text me (which they did at 1 pm) to tell me rom was ready. Jose, the doorman, was awesome. He gave us great a great recommendation on a bagel shop and also hooked us up w the hotel bikes when we told him we were going to check out Central Park.
The rooftop bar has one of the best views ever. we got a premier city view room and it also had great views. This place is close enough to broadway shows and time square without all the noise and crowds.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveBrody
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very satisfied with our 5 night stay at Ink48. The rooms are very spacious, comfy and clean. Location was pretty close to Times Square (10 min walk). Wine hour every day was great! Amazing views from the rooftop bar. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've just returned from a 10 night business trip to New York and the Ink 48 was a great location for the Javits exhibition centre. I paid an extra $20 a night for an upgrade and the room was very comfortable but I think the double glazing could be upgraded as there was plenty of noise coming from outside. However, rather than getting any discount for a 10 night stay I ended up paying two credit card charges as the hotel took one payment for seven nights and a second payment for the remaining three nights. This wasn't made clear at check in and only discovered at check out, by then to late. I took it up with the Manager by email on my return but got a very negative and unhelpful response. The roof top bar was closed for private functions more than it was open to guests during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business