“Exceptional! Blew away expectations.”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #72 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional! Blew away expectations.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've never written a hotel review before, but am inspired by this hotel!

HUGE rooms by any standard, especially Manhattan standards.
Really attentive and friendly staff.

Do yourself a favor get a massage at the spa and then go hang on the roof. The spa service is amazing, request Sophia if you can.

No coffeemakers in the room, but they will provide one if you ask. There is great coffee in the lobby each morning.
The location is not Times Square craziness, but you can walk there in a blink if that's your jam.

We will be back next week for our return trip~

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be triple the size of standard NYC hotels. Ask to be away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brynne H
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hey Brynne H,

Thanks for the kind words! We LOVE candid feedback, especially when it is so positive. It reassures us that we are doing our jobs well and motivates us to continue on the path we're on.

Hope to see you here again sometime soon!

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (956)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Love this hotel! The lobby is lush and beautifully decorated. It just draws you in. Rooms are small but modern and well appointed. Rooftop lounge is a must with outdoor access and unbelievable views of the city. All of the staff are professional and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KKMeehan
Hey KKMeehan,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Love to hear that we hit all the marks and especially love hearing about our great staff.

Hope to see you here again sometime soon...

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband, daughter (13) and myself spent a night at this hotel in late May 2014. We were in the city to see a broadway show. When we arrived, the doorman was quick to get our bags and the front desk attendent was extremely friendly. We asked for a lunch restaurant and he gave us a few in the neighborhood and was very satisfied with his suggestions. The room was nice, modern and the beds seemed comfy. The hotel is in a weird area - car dealers on all sides - very close to the Hudson River and boat docks. The area seemed to be a bit rundown, but appeared to be quiet....WRONG! When we returned to our room around midnight, we were shocked at how clearly we could hear the noise from the nightclub next door. I believe the club is called Rooftop 48 and the rooftop bar was RIGHT accross from on room on the 5th floor. I could hear girls laughing and screaming, glasses clinking and thump, thump of music. On top of it, there was a line of people trying to get into the club lined up on the street that was so noisy, the three of us didn't sleep at all! Then to add insult to injury, there was a trash compactor area/truck under the hotel that went on around 5:00AM and screeched for at least 20 minutes. Insane! I would never stay in this hotel unless I was on the opposite side of 48th street - however, when I complained to the front desk, they said the only rooms with double beds are on the 48th street side. So....if you need a room with 2 beds - do not stay in the hotel, unless you like nightclub noise without actually being in a nightclub. I'm a Kimpton member and really enjoy their hotels, however, this one was a big thumbs down. In fact, when I complained to the front desk, the guy sounded like he heard that complaint a million times before. He actually said "Yeah, I know....it's loud". I felt like I was tricked! Oh well..live and learn.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the 48th street side if you want any sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank donnakat
Hey Donnakat,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you had during your stay. It is true that all the rooms that have 2 double beds face north (where the club is) and that on weekends, it can be quite noisy. Rest assured though, we are doing everything in our power to reduce this problem for guests.

Still, it seems like you enjoyed the room itself and got to interact with some of our awesome staff.

I hope you chose to stay with us again and if you do make a booking, please be sure to call the hotel, mention the noise issues you've had in the past, and I can assure you we will do everything in our power place you away from the club and therefore give you a quieter, more relazing experience.

Thanks again for your candid feedback. It certainly wasn't the best review we've had, but it was just as important b/c it shows us where we need improvement, and we're always striving to do better.

All my best,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Ink 48 in late May and in my humble opinion it's a great hotel. The staff were very friendly, the room was nice a clean, the restaurant was very good and the roof top lounge was literally spectacular. If I was forced to comment on anything I'd say that the walk to TS or points East was a little long but the upside to that are the health benefits of walking (10,000 steps).

Room Tip: Higher floor with any view
Green Features: Kimpton Hotels seems to be very in-tune with an Eco-friendly business model.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GordonM1957
Hey GordonM1957,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Hope you stay with us again sometime soon...

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Astronomical price. But don't forget, this is Manhattan where a 400 sqft nothing apartment rents for $2500.00 per mo. Hell's Kitchen has been revitalized so the area is pretty good. In back is the Intrepid Museum.

Room Tip: Parking (no in and out service) is $55. The service at the restaurant is iffy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack S
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I made a reservation for the night of June 7, since it was close to pier 88 for my cruise.
We arrived at 3 pm, which is check in time. I ordered two double beds, for my 14-year-old grandson and myself (grandmother)

Upon arrival, the girl said she was sorry, apologized politely, and told me that my room would be ready at 3:30. Okay, only 30 minutes. At 3:45, I inquired at the desk again to be told, that they were waiting for the carpet to dry, it had to be washed. It should only be an hour or so. I needed the pharmacy, so decided to do some shopping. At 5 pm I returned expecting a room. My room still wasn't ready, but they would upgrade to suite. We went to the room expecting two beds. What we found was a king size bed, and roll away bed. My grandson (almost 6 foot tall) was not a good fit. I asked why wasn't I told that the upgrade wouldn't have two beds, I received sorry again.

I can only say, I will take a taxi to pier next time, and stay at the Hilton where I can expect two beds when ordered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've just got back from a stay at Ink 48. We really could not fault the service given. Every member of staff was polite and friendly. I especially wish to thank Justin at reception, who checked us in. He gave us good information about where to go to see the sights and also rapidly changed our room after we noticed some serious noise in our first room, noting we had travelled many hours and knew we would need sleep. We used the restaurant for breakfast and a couple of evening meals. The food and service was excellent. We stayed in Room 808 and this gave us a good view of the city, but was quiet enough that traffic noise was at a minimum. You could see the lights of a Times Square from one of our windows. To access the city was easy, either by foot or taxi. Times Square was only a few blocks away. We had a lovely time, and nothing was too much trouble. We were even able to borrow an adaptor from reception when mine stopped working. We were truly grateful for our stay and had we had the chance, would have liked to thank the staff personally. I'm sure to return to New York again and would not hesitate to stay at Ink 48 again.

Room Tip: Room 808 is at the front corner of the hotel and gives good views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple