“Pleasant Boutique Hotel Off the Beaten Path”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely hotel with a pleasant staff. Our room had a good view of the Hudson. Well-decorated and funky. Got a good deal online.

My only criticism is location. It's five long blocks to the nearest subway station, so plan on some cab rides.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Newsat11
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hey Newsat11,

Thanks so much for the kind words about the hotel! We always appreciate feedback from guests and we're grateful you took the time to share your experience.

Hope to see you back here again somtime soon!

Best,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel staff were very helpful and welcoming from the second we first walked in. It was a bit chaotic because there seemed to be a wedding party and despite how busy it was concierge was still very warm and helpful in answering my questions. The city view of our room was absolutely breathtaking and it was located conveniently and able to access restaurants and entertainment easily... Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Gmorales12

Hey Gmorales12,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have to come to NYC for work several times a year. Until I found Ink48, I was searching for somewhere I could stay for a reasonable (for NYC standards) nightly rate and still get the things I love about business travel: a separate space to work in and a very nice bathroom. I thought it was likely to be a pointless effort because it seemed like small and expensive were the key qualities in any NYC hotel room. But Ink48 is awesome. Its a good value and its rooms are gorgeous and luxurious. It is very far West in Hell's Kitchen so it is a long tromp to a subway, but that may be what keeps the prices down. For me its a great trade off. And its relatively convenient both to midtown (where I usually have to go for work) and downtown (where I most often like to go for fun).

Another favorite thing is that the Press Lounge is a great rooftop bar. Gorgeous views.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to see beautiful views of the Hudson.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mindse

Hey Mindse,

Thanks so much for the kind words about the hotel! I'm thrilled to hear that Ink48 fits all of your needs and that you've had such good experiences with us.

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This Hell's Kitchen hotel is terrific--stylish, comfortable, and a decent value. The work space is adequate and comfortable-- I was productive in my room. Our suite was expensive but for the money you can get a ton of space and a stunning view. I like the neighborhood, too. Cooler and calmer than Times Square but still walkable to Broadway shows. I think it has a rooftop bar and Print, the first floor restaurant, has excellent food and friendly service. All personnel were great. The Kimpton line is a good one in my opinion.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank JennyGB

Hey JennyGB,

Thanks so much for your kind words about the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback! Seems like you really got to experience so much of what makes the hotel so great.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We started coming to Ink 48 when it first opened . We have always been impressed with the level of service and the professionalism of the staff. They always make us feel welcome! The rooms are lovely, clean and have great views of the city or the Hudson River depending on what side of the building you are on. The staff is well trained and appear to like their jobs. The location is fantastic with easy access to great restaurants , broadway shows, the Circle line and Intrepid Museum. I would recommend this hotel to one and all!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey Educkie2,

So glad to hear you've had multiple positive stays with us! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time.

What makes me most happy is hearing about our awesome staff. They truly take Ink48 to the next level and I'm thrilled to hear that you recognize their great service.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My stay at Ink48 was joyful from beginning to end. And the staff i encountered were very pleasant and the hotel room was comfortable and very clean. As a general rule, i never lay under the cover at hotels for fear that it may not be clean enough. But at Ink48, i was able to put my guards down. I snuggled under the cover and had restful nights the whole weekend.

Room Tip: I'm not certain which rooms are quieter, sunnier or have less A/C noise unit. What i do know, ho...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hey nkem o,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review.

Will

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel was clean and gorgeous! Front desk people were great during check-in (specifically Justin and Stephen), they were so accommodating and even gave me a bottle of champagne for my birthday! Rooftop was beautiful! Only downfall was that the room keys stopped working when my friends tried to get back into our room later that evening, and they wouldn't accommodate and provide them with new keys to get into the room without me being there physically, which I found very inconvenient. Overall, pretty good experience there!

• Stayed: July 2014

Hey AH720,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Hope to see you back here again sometime soon...