“AWESOME!!!”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I read a lot of reviews about this hotel before I went. I was a bit hesitant.

Now that I stayed there for Labor Day Weekend, I can not rave about this hotel enough. It was probably the best hotel a hotel snob, like myself, has stayed in. Even better than the W in Union Square. The view from the rooftop alone was worth everything.

It's a bit on the pricey side in regards to drinks and food but there are 2 diners right down the road from the hotel.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. It may not be in the heart of things, but it is also a 5 minute cab ride to anything cool and the walk along the harbor is gorgeous.

If you like nice hotels, this is definitely one to stay in!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,283)

Reviewed 6 September 2010

This is one outstanding hotel! It's brand new, modern, clean and it's a luxury 4 star hotel. The staff are were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. When we came the first day to check in the person at the desk upgraded us to a room that is 300 sq ft bigger than what we booked and he did that for free just because it was available. We were staying for two nights, but then the last day we decided to stay one more night, we asked the front desk if they have anything available, he checked with the manager and said that we can keep the same room that we are in for only $50 more per night. We are really happy and satisfied with our hotel choice and we will definitely try to be back here next time we come to New York. I want to also mention that the size of our room was like an apartment. Huge!!! With a king size bed and windows all around, we had two LCD screen TVs a couch, two modern sofa chairs, an ihome alarm clock. The bathroom was the size of a whole room. Just Beautiful!! We had a big bathtub with a separate shower and two sinks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank AnjaIra
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Dear AnjaIra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Ink48, a Kimpton Hotel. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and it's great that we were able to upgrade your room. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2010

this place has the ambience of miami and is very swanky and classy. it's very retro yet glamorous. the staff is very courteous and accomodating and I slept like a baby in the bed. The food is excellent and the bath products in the room which are aveda, were very much to my liking. This was my first stay and I will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2010

Dear reereeyoung,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had a delightful stay. As a boutique hotel, we are very conscious of the decor of our hotel and I'm happy that you enjoyed it. I also think it's great that you liked the Aveda bath products we offer. It's a partnership we're very proud of because Aveda shares the same passion as Kimpton for supporting an eco-friendly environment. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 26 August 2010

10/10 for quality and price. 4 blocks from Times Scares. The Penthouse/Teressa is fabulous !! As a customer of the hotel you're allow to by pass the line up and the view up there is perfect. Why stay at Time Scares and seeing nothing than another bulding, much better to take the city-view premium and have a super view of the city live in your room during you're taking a bath or drinking champagne with your wise... if not you could also be on the roof and drinking one of the good cocktail (mojito etc) and enjoy the night with the view sitting on a coach. Great time there...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The hotel is extremely clean and for a change in NYC, everything I have asked for was positively answered...quite unusual...Yannick at the front desk has been extremely helpflu and professional and ths staff was generally devoted to the customers...Really enjoyed the comfort of the rooms, the view and the cleanliness of the room... appreciated the complimentary cup of java in the entrance hall in the morning and I think a few patries could add a special flavor to it (suggestion to the manager who seems to read the reviews...)...I agree with the fact you need to walk a few blocks to get to the closest subway station, but I think if you don´t like walking, NYC is probably not the place to be...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chupito
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

Dear Chupito,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to Ink48! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I'm happy you took advantage of the morning coffee and tea we offer to our guests. Your suggestion is much appreciated regarding pastries in the morning and I will be sure to bring it to management's attention. It's through feedback like yours we are able to find opportunities to improve our service that better suit our guests. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to NYC soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed at ink48 for just over a fortnight for our summer holiday this year and couldn't have chosen a better place! Our room faced north up the river and was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Only thing missing was a bath; although the shower was lovely, we would have appreciated a long soak in a bath after the very long days of wandering the streets.

Chris (with the funky glasses) on front desk is worth his weight in gold...extremely helpful and brilliantly informed. Also, the views from the rooftop bar are stunning but at lunchtime there were eleven members of staff for eight customers which made us feel like we were being watched a little. Rooftop bar is also pretty dear - $22 for a plastic cup of beer and a JD with coke.

The biggest problem with this hotel is the lift/elevator system. We were on the 15th floor and saw many lifts being redirected when we should have had priority. It was also a little frustrating to have to use the designated lift to reach the 16th floor rooftop bar, then take the next door lift back up to our 15th floor room. However, if my biggest complaint with a hotel is waiting for a lift, it should show you how spot on everything else is.

My biggest concern when booking this hotel was the walking time to Times Square. My boyfriend and I walk pretty slowly on holiday - we reached TS within 15 minutes so please don't let that put you off!

Overall, we had a very luxurious stay and it really made our first holiday to New York City pretty special.

PS - 30 Rock was one of the best things we experienced in NYC - highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I really didn't know what to expect but had was impressed by everything I saw and read on the website. This hotel is AMAZING. The customer service was great in every way and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay seamless and comfortable. The most amazing part was how large,clean, and modern the room was and also the rooftop deck. The room had all the extra touches...aveda products, flat screen tv, ipod docking station, and vanity area to get ready. The bed was very comfortable and the view of the Manhattan skyline was unbeatable. The location is perfect if you are a runner or just want to walk around because you are close to everything. You can jog in Central Park or down the Hudson River. Being in that area made it easy to get anywhere in no time. I really can't say enough great things about Ink 48...if you don't stay there you are missing out!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business