“We love the view, location and STAFF... We love Ink48....”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #88 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“We love the view, location and STAFF... We love Ink48....”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I went to NYC on business but combined it with pleasure to celebrates my mum's 83rd birthday. We got the city view room. I could not believe the size and cleanliness and also the VIEW. Go upstairs to the lounge... unbelievable views.... The hotel is quiet but very close to theatres, time square, rockerfeller plaza.... We had an amazing time. WOnderful and excellent hotel.... Thanks Sian-Pierre and Christine for making my mum's birthday so memorable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Hi Kempka,

Isn't great when you can combine a little business with a little FUN? Glad you could celebrate a birthday with us at Ink. At Kimpton we do pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms, as well as all of our great smelling eco-friendly housekeeping products! Happy birthday again to yous Mum. Hope to see you next year for her 84th!

Thanks :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Polish first
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I absolutely loved the bathroom. I had a Cityview room and the bathroom was just as big as the room. it had a sunken tub with a separate rain shower...and the rain shower was actually attached to the ceiling. Something you don't really see when a rainshower is advertised.

The decor is also awesome. I really like the flower picture on the wall over the bed and the carpet wool thingy in the elevators. The staff was amazing and the view is great.

There were only 2 things about this hotel that I didn't really care for and that was the noise (close to a hospital), as there were sirens all night long and the location. Though close to Times Square and Broadway, For the price it was still 5 blocks from the train station.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hello Businesstravelor,

According to your name, you must travel a lot- it is an honor to know that you loved our bathrooms so very much. There's nothing like an awesome shower to make you feel like you are at home and relaxed! We hope to see you again in your next business travels (stop by the front desk, we certainly have some earplugs available so you can continue to stare out at the views for next time!)

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to post about your trip.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The hotel was put together very well. Everything was done very causual without being "to much." Very welcoming, including the staff!
The roof top is what makes the hotel, it is a full rooftop with 360 views. The ooms were spacious compared to some NYC hotels. Location was lacking for myself, but depending on wants and needs could be perfect. It's out of the "hustle", more of quiet area.
The only complaint I have about the hotel is the doorman to the roof top. From my understanding he is not a part of the Kimpton staff, but that must change. He was very rude to my guest and myself. Very rude rude and [--] for being a "doorman."
I would like to give thanks to 3 very special employees. They went out of their ways to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Two of the front desk employees Ms. Naadei and Mrs. Ralhan (Jake). Completely respectful to my outrageous wants and desires. Miss Laura from the kitchen staff ,made and delivered my food so fast, I believe a sweat bead dropped from her brow.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my friend's family for their birthday. We had a room with two double beds that comfortably slept 2 in one bed. I liked the room because it had great natural lighting. The hotel as a whole had a new, modern feel but it wasn't in a weird contemporary way. We got room service for breakfast one morning, I didn't love what I got but the next morning we ate at the restaurant for breakfast and that was a lot better, the hot chocolate was great! The elevators had quick service and the doormen were always very nice and could always hail us a taxi. It was very nice being able to walk to the water but we could also walk towards Time Square, but the taxi ride was only about 5-7 minutes to Time Square. The hotel parks the car in an off site lot, we didn't need the car at all. All in all it was a very nice, clean hotel that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed in Ink 48 over Halloween weekend. We had tickets for the Pee-wee Herman Show (which was FANTASTIC if you are looking for a show!) and wanted to stay in midtown. The price was right for this hotel (around $250/night) and we loved it. Our room (1408) was on a corner, so we had panoramic views of the city. We didn't close our blinds once, it was remarkable. Also, the room was so clean. I usually wipe everything down, but didn't feel like I had to here, it was spotless.

A few blocks away on 9th street you can find tons of restaurants and bars.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2010

So I stayed there for the night, went out, put my computer on my bed, And when I came back my computer was put on a wet desk. Went to apple and told me my computer was literally soaked and the cost me $755 to repair it. TERRIBLE SERVICE since the security came, all he did was take some photos, and said he's sorry and push all the responsibilities to us. Probably wont compensate and said they would get their lawyers to get in touch with me. So if you had any valuable electronics just dont leave it in the room like me.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank hatekimpton
jbackus, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We indeed apologize for what happened with your computer. Our Security team is actively researching and investigating the damage to your valuable property. I can assure you the reported issue is not taken lightly, and we are doing everything we can to get this situation resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you for your feedback, we are confident that this issue will be handled appropriately.

Sincerley,
Jillian Backus
Front Desk Manager
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We were a party of 10 staying here for my daughters wedding. The staff were so attentive, including getting her bridal gown steamed. They certainly make you feel special. Nothing was too much trouble for them, including the doormen who would risk there lives to get you a cab. If its cold and you are brave enough to go up to the Roof Terrace (spectacular views) you are given a nice blanket to keep you warm. I liked the location which was a little out of Time Square, but only 15 min. walk.. We are looking to go back in the spring and do more sight seeing and "Shopping" and will definitely stay here again. The rooms are first class, all very modern, some with bath in the actual bedroom, so if you don't think thats for you remember to ask for a room with a separate bathroom. There were a lot of emails going back and forth from us to hotel, and every one was answered promptly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Dear selwood2005,

Thank you so much for your review of Ink48. I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel. I'm glad that the staff was able to accommodate all your requests, especially for such a huge event like a wedding! I'm also glad to hear that your e-mails have been responded to in a timely manner. We sure are looking forward to seeing you again in the Spring!