This was it! I really budget shopped trying to find a suitable hotel near everything that wasn't too high priced. This was our first trip to NYC and from reading the reviews I understood that most of the hotels in Manhattan were small but this was okay. It was laid out nicely to capitalize on space and the furniture was nice. In the bathroom there was a granite sink and some cherry wood shelves in the bathroom so we could put all of our things out that we needed. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast had a little more than what other hotels we stayed at offered. The downside was there was no microwave or refridgerators in the room and the only one we were told we could use was for staff and it wasn't working. We parked in front temporarily to unload and then were able to park in a nearby garage for the hotel discounted rate of $35 a day. (remember to get parking ticket validated at the desk). We were able to walk or get a taxi to do whatever we wanted. We walked to time square and also the Pier 83 where we took a nighttime harbor cruise up the Hudson River from Circle line cruises. A definite must! There are a few restaurants near the hotel. One we ate at was beautiful inside, very ornate, not very busy but the food was excellent! The Waitress was very nice with an Irish accent. It's across the street from the hotel I wish I remembered the name. Most of the time when we took taxi's we grabbed one on the busy street to the right of the hotel. There's Macy's and some other stores there as well and a mcdonalds around the corner as well. We took a budgeted room so our view was of the side of another building but well, we thought economically so that was okay. We saw what we wanted to see while in NY. The concierge was friendly and gave us tips on how to get around NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our prime hotel location puts you in walking distance to the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Madison Square Garden, Herald Square, Penn Station, and many other top NYC attractions. Enjoy amenities including free hot breakfast daily during your stay, free WiFi access throughout the hotel including guest rooms, and free access to our fitness center and business center. Our guest rooms offer coffeemakers, flat-screen televisions with premium movie channels, and a work desk. We are a pet friendly hotel (non-refundable deposit required; please review our policies for more details). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn 35th St. Empire State Building Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn New York City
- New York City Hampton Inn