“Ideal location for sightseeing and Pennstation!”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg
Ranked #161 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel several times already. It is about 10 minutes walk from Pennstation and in the parallel street to the Empire State building. Smack in the middle of Manhattan. LOVE the location! The rooms are a bit small but the super comfy bed makes up for it. The sheets and the duvet are always so crisp clean and so comfy!! The room is not the biggest but it's efficient for what you need. Face it, you are out and about all day long and at night you just want to shower and sleep. Plenty good for that!
We did not check out the breakfast even though it's included. There also is fast internet service in the room for free which is nice.
Do I hear the traffic from outside? Yes, a bit but hey, it's NYC, what do you expect? That's part of the experience. All in all, we were very happy with our stay, the location and the service. Incredibly friendly reception staff. Will come again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Positive: nice sized room, free breakfast, easily accessible, clean. Negative: the window was very drafty and the room could not be warmed, the shower curtain smelled like mildew, loud street, due to drafty windows the street smells wafted in. Interesting: very close to main NYC attractions, walkable from multiple subways, close to Penn Station.

• Stayed: November 2013
Anthony D, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our hotel prides itself on its central location and complimentary breakfast that our guests enjoy. Street noise is to be expected at any hotel located in midtown New York City. However, rooms on the upper floors are less affected than the lower ones and of course we are always happy to provide complimentary earplugs for light sleepers. We are very sorry about the the draft that in your room and the shower curtain. We'll definitely address this issue to the engineering and houskeeping department so that it will be immediately taken care of.

We hope that you will stay with us again and give us another opportunity to really impress you with an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Although my stay was short, it was a great business trip. I'm glad I stayed at the Hampton Inn on 35th. It almost in the ideal spot because many of the tourists sites are within walking distance from the hotel. I had no idea when choosing it, but I'm glad I did.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Anthony D, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review at TripAdvisor. It's been such a pleasure to have accomodated you on your first ever trip to New York City. It's very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us since we're very close to almost everything.

We're very glad that you've chosen Hampton Inn Empire State as your home away from home.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Clean guest rooms with views of Macy's. Room was quiet for a great nights sleep. Nice breakfast served with several choices. Staff was friendly and helpful during our stay. Close to all the sights in New York City. We were given tips for our sight-seeing by the staff. I have already booked another trip to New York City at this hotel due to the location and the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent 11/08/13 at this amazing little Hampton Inn in the heart of Manhattan! Fabulous location; we could see the Empire St. building spire from our room and if we looked the other way, could see Herald Square! The charming and efficient Maria greeted us on Friday and had us checked in very quickly. The concierge, (sorry I missed her name) gave us a great tip for lunch a block away, so we were on our way. The rooms are small, it IS New York City, but clean and well stocked as all Hamptons are. Breakfast was great. They had my husband's favorite cereal, which is Raisin Bran, so everything else pales in comparison. They even had the tea he drinks! Nice selection of breads/muffins. We put our luggage in the storage room, assisted again by Maria, and took off for a full day in the city. We swung by to get the luggage and took off for the train station. Very efficient! We will be back!

Room Tip: We were in the front of the building, which was fine. The only negative was when the heater kicked...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We're very delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Everybody loves our central NYC location and guests are always amazed in rooms with view of the Empire State building.Maria and the other Hampton staff are always here for our guests to assists with their needs. Complimentary breakfast are always enjoyed by guests alike because of great selection.

We're definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Flew in from GA Nov 7th, checked in about 8pm the staff was very welcoming, the hotel & room is very pretty, there were sticky notes on both head boards that read "Duvet covers & Sheets cleaned for your approval" BUT when I pulled back the Cover I saw Hair on both beds, Thank Goodness I packed my own sheets and blankets. The laptop lap board was dirty so we didn't use it, hair was in the shower as well, not quite welcoming sadly. Nov 9th- This was our 1st visit to NY so I called the front desk around 8am inquiring about calling a cab, she told me I had to come down & flag 1 down, not once did she say, I can get a cab for you. Later about 5pm front desk called to see if I ordered food and did I want it brought up, I said yes and she hung up, later I called the desk again, asked her to connect me to a room, she said nothing, just connected me, now both times I felt she could have said thank you or do you Need anything else. Other than what I listed, the hotel is great, I LOVE the Marble in the bathroom and seeing the Empire State Building from our window, thermostats in the rooms is Perfect, I would stay again, but I would pack my bedding just in case :-)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Considered the price we paid, everything exceed my expectation. You can't beat the location which is in Korean town very close to Macy's. Room was bigger than what I expected especially when compared to my last trip to NYC (Last time I was @ Hilton Garden Inn) Check-in and Check-out was quick especially when I checked in, the lady at the front desk was very nice and very cute indeed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aom2524
Anthony D, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It's music to our ears that we have execeeded your expectations. For NYC midtown location, it's nice that you've been comfortable with the size of our rooms. We very much take pride of our staff who always do an awesome job.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.