“Terrible Experience”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg
Ranked #162 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 August 2014

They had Rats!!!! I couldn't even eat the complimentary breakfast too unsanitary and I worried if rats were around it, hotel front desk lady (MARIA) laughed at me twice, once when I called to down to ask why their isnt a kitchenette in my hotel room, when I was told during my reservation that I would have one, and again she laughed while I was in the lobby upset about the rat issue they had, it was very disrespectful and insensitive. It's been 8 days since I checked out, still no free room stay in the mail. I spoke to them today they said it's coming, we shall see. I hope so, I would like to be reimbursed for this terrible stay. It was my birthday at that, had I known I would have stayed somewhere else. The only good thing was the view and the way the bed felt.

4  Thank Kysha M
Rosa E, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered. As specified in my previous email, we have followed up and processed the certificate for the complimentary night. The issue with the rodent was an isolated incident, being that it came from outside; it was discarted as soon as it possibly could. Rest assured that issues are isolated and have been addressed with the staff. Please keep my contact information for any concerns regarding this stay or any future inquiries. We remain hopeful that you stay with us again in the future to give a chance to change your perception of the hotel.

Warm Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,254)

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location. Macy's, subway, broadway, Times square all within walking distance. Breakfast is reasonable. Our room had empire state building view. Clean but small room. A bit pricey. Poor wifi that hotel staff could not fix in spite of three reminders.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

it was a wonderful stay in this Hotel...they have a great customer service and good value for the rooms...moreover, their location is well interrelation with all attraction area of new York City. we were so happy to recommend this hotel to others.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

convenient location, get to the subway in 1 minute. near broadway and shopping mall. I leave to buy a pants 10:38 p.m. with people crowded on the street, and I still get my lovely one. serve complimentary breakfast until 10 am, which is good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hampton Inn - Clean, affordable. Great place to stay if you're on a budget in NYC. Being near the Empire State Building is terrific. Right near major subways. Street noise is not a major problem. (Now I'm typing anything because my comments have to total at least 200 characters...)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Four of us stayed here for two nights due to the location was close to building that my daughters needed to be for dance classes. Due to points program we got both nights for free so I will not judge the cost of the rooms. The hotel location is good, close to Macy's, Madison Square Garden (Penn Station),Empire State Building and not a far walk to theater district. The room was very small and thank goodness my family basically just needed the room to shower and sleep. It was clean and had the standard hotel amenities. One complaint we had was that our room was not cleaned one evening until 5:30PM when we were trying to get ready to go to dinner before the theater. The free breakfast was pretty good and had a bunch of choices which included waffles, eggs, muffins, fruit and cereal etc. The only problem was there was not enough seating to enjoy breakfast and both mornings we went upstairs in our room to eat. The front desk staff was friendly and proficient. I had forgotten toiletry item and they responded to my request very quickly which was appreciated. Checking in and out was handled quickly and professionally.

This hotel is OK if the location is near the things you are in NYC for and you are basically just using the hotel to sleep and shower.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean, quiet and convienent to Times Square and the theater district. The parking garage is easily accessible and equally as friendly as the hotel staff.