“Bad Front Desk Service, Great Location”

Eurostars Wall Street
Ranked #398 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Bad Front Desk Service, Great Location”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am a manager in the hospitality industry and travel to New York very frequently. For the first time I chose the Eurostars Wall Street for my stay based on the location and peer reviews. I loved the property and location. Plus, the rooms are great.
I have two issues. I checked in on July 29, 2013, and upon arriving was checked in by a young man, with a horrible attitude toward myself and my partner. I called the previous day as my flight was arriving at 9am, and asked for an early check-in. I was told i could do this, I arrived at the hotel appox 10:30 am, and was told i would have to wait till after 2pm. Contrary to what i was told the previuous day. so, i left and returned at 12:30 pm, and was told by the same man whom chcekd me in later there were not rooms yet. But then another agent at the desk told him something in Spanish, and he checked me in with much attitude and told me i was lucky the other guy was here.
Two, the air conditioner in room 607 barely worked and rattled all night to the point that we could not sleep.
Finally, upon arriving home today, I called the hotel to ask for an email address for the manager, to send this very email, and the woman answering the phone refused to give me an email address, unless i stated my name and problem
I would love to stay at the property again , as i in new york every two to three months, but cannot deal with these stupid problems

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank chefadam2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Excellent service from beginning to end. Clean, excellent location (very close to Pier 17, Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park and subways) and very friendly and helpful staff. Not to mention great value for money; would most definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 May 2013

If you want a hotel with no sleep you're at The right adres. First you get à tiny room with no daylight and à airco blower from outside what Will wake you The whole night. When we changed The room it got even worse. They were busy with The building next to us with an awfull beep from night till evening. So, if you are satisfied with 3 Hours per night it would surely suit you!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ju B

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at Eurostars in late September. This is not a luxury hotel by any means but it does have an excellent location in the Financial District. My room was very clean and was adequate in size. The view, however, left much to be desired. I had a view from my three windows of other buildings and a tiny scrap of sky.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am currently staying at the Eurostars and am lying awake at 1.30am without any hope of sleep. I have been here for 4 nights and the building next door is undergoing renovations. They are dumping material in dump trucks behind the hotel and the noise is horrendous. The only time it stops is between 2am and 5.30am. I have complained everyday to the hotel and the management said sorry, there's nothing we can do! One person said it was only for one night, another said two! They don't know what's going on and lie to pacify the customer.

Worst hotel stay in my life and I would recommend never to stay here to anyone given I paid over £220 a night! Stay at the Andaz which is at the bottom of wall street or the double tree, where I had a great stay in March this year.

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank Sanjaypur
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

It is wat it is... Affordable and for NY standard very spacious rooms. On a good and safe location. We stayed in one room with 4 persons and 4 large suitcases and there was still lots of space to move around. The only thing the housekeeping did not get right was the sufficient amount of clean towels for 4 persons. We were visited by one little cockroach in our bathroom wich we froze with hairspray(sorry animal-lovers) and it's remains were there for the rest of our stay, so no deep-cleaning during the whole week we stayed there.
Furthermore none of the faucets in the bathroom were properly fixed, they were all loose from whatever it was supposed to be attached to. And if you're a light sleeper and easily wake-up from sounds, you should bring slong but this advise is applicable for most NY hotels. Location is very good, a lot of places nearby to have breakfast/ lunch/dinner/drinks. Only a few blocks from MTA. Close to bike-rental/brooklin bridge/ ferries to statue of liberty and ellis island. Shopping at south side seaport.

• Stayed October 2012