“vacation in New York”

Eurostars Wall Street
Ranked #413 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at your Hotel Eurostars, everyone was friendly and helpful, hotel is within walking distance to all events, once we parked and checked in, we went down to waterway and the water taxi was a wonderful way to travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary R

Reviewed 2 May 2014

After checking in to the hotel, I was immediately disappointed seeing a 4 star hotel being so dirty. The toilet flush didnt work - and you can imagine what happend. The reception wasnt able to help and it took 2 h to manage it to get done..and clean.
The bathroom is old and the floor is uneven. Every step is like being drunk.
The cleaners havent cleaned up the bath and the desk for more then 2 days..for whatever reason.

I can definately not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My advice? Dont book it. Its worthless. I am 100% disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Larry G
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just got back and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I booked through Hotwire and was not given the name or exact location until my card was processed. After being assigned to this hotel in the Wall Street area I was concerned about being so far from my preferred area. Anyhow, I did email Eurostar in advance requesting a room with 2 beds. Upon arrival, I was granted my request and more! We were assigned to a huge room on the 6th floor with an additional couch and two closets! The room was very clean and had 3 big beautiful windows. The room also had a microwave and minifridge. Front desk and maid service was good and efficient. We managed getting around to all our activities and sites by using the nearby subway system.

Room Tip: Send a friendly email in advance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank taurusmay
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Let me see if I can paint you a picture. I roll my luggage down Wall St, and hang a left onto Front Street. As I get close to where I thought Eurostars is, I see an awning that says "Hotel Wall Street". There was a flag over it, but it was wound up (probably in shame). I finally noticed the faint writing on the window that said "Eurostars". I went in the door, and noticed that there are stairs up to the lobby (not the most accessible, but that is the least of their problems). I got 1/2 way up the stairs before, what I assume was the bellhop, got up from the couch and 1/2 pretended to offer help.

Now let me say that I stayed here before a long time ago. The bed was so hard, it was like sleeping on the floor. I had to ask for extra pillows, and they ended up bringing me another comforter, which I doubled and slept on top of. Well, this time I saw that they had "updated" the hotel, which I hoped had included the beds. Nope. The next morning I mentioned how hard the beds were. The guy at the front desk said "really?" like he had never heard that before. Really insulting. He then said "All of our beds are the same, there shouldn't be a problem." Then, in a complete contradiction he offered to move me to another room. I then asked the obvious question "If all the beds are the same, how will that help?" I asked him to send up extra pillows, so I could sleep on them. He said he would.

That night, no pillows. Whatever. I was in town for work, and didn't have time to deal with crappy hotel service. Now let's take a minute to notice some of the other lacking aspects of the hotel room. There was no guide for the tv channels, despite the idea that most guests are from out of town and don't know what the channels are. There was no hotel book with basic information, like numbers to reach the concierge, restaurant hours, gym information, etc. Nothing. Not one piece of hotel information in the room.

The next morning, I was in the bathroom, and look down. Next to my feet is a parasite looking bug swarming around the room. I kill it, notice another one and kill that. On my way out the door, I tell the front office that I killed 2 gross bugs in my bathroom. He remembers me at the guest he sent pillows up to. I let him know I never got them. He looks confused, refers to a clip board, and says he will take care of the bug issue, and be sure pillows are sent up.

That night - still no pillows. The next morning, two more bugs, and I notice a dark kinky hair on the floor of the bathroom. I really don't understand why people need to come in and "clean" my room. I mean they move my toothbrush, invariably putting germs on it for no reason. They move my things around, and leave the bugs and their hair on the floor.

The last day, I found one more of those nasty bugs. I had about had it. This time, I grabbed a cup and trapped it. Then I caught a little video of it moving around in the cup, to illustrate the disgusting-ness of this hotel stay. (sorry can't post link) I showed it to the two guys at the front desk, when I was checking out. They looked dumbfounded. Didn't offer to refund any part of my stay and just let me leave without attempting to fix any part of the stay.

When they asked if I would stay there again I said "I think not."

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
14  Thank Misscrf
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We booked this little gem, sight unseen from Expedia and were over joyed with the out come. The room was clean, nicely decorated and located perfectly to all the sights in lower Manhattan, parking garages and the Metro system. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel for the money!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa F
Reviewed 20 February 2014

It's a charm. It's a tiny tiny individual brick/stone building surrounded by tall modern skyscrapers. When you stand at the front door and look up, do a 180-degree sweep, all of a sudden you feel that you're a LEGO man!

I stayed for 1-night, it was freezing cold and snowy. It's not exactly the prime area for all the entertainment in NYC. However, over the spring/summer months - it's minutes by foot to the piers that heads out of town, with a park in the area too. Those who are staying in the area for more than a few days, with the time to enjoy NYC, no harm in staying a bit further from all the lights. Less noise, less traffic, yet it's about 20-minutes to all the action.

The rooms are huge (at least the one I stayed-in). Seems like it's more of an apartment. However, no hot water in the shower - but there were in the wash basin, strange.

Nothing fancy either. Seems that the furniture looks more like from IKEA put together by the handyman and some soon to fall apart though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Arnold W M
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nice , clean, not so bad located ( I mean its not on time square) but quiet and near a subway ( near all of the lines actually).

The staff was really nice and helpfull!

Ill recommend this hotel for friends and familys!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends