“I doubt I'll stay anywhere else in NYC!”

Eurostars Wall Street
Ranked #398 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My BFF and I stayed here (one bdrm suite) for my 40th bd and it was WONDERFUL! The service was exceptional and our room was amazing. Apart from some renovations that were happening, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our stay here. Staying in this area is a more economical and quiet NYC experience, and this particular suite is a steal. Honorable mention goes to the delicious orange blossom scent that wafts thru out the entire hotel! Also, front desk staff (Taylor & Alex specifically) went above and beyond and we miss them terribly!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LEJ7728
There are newer reviews for Eurostars Wall Street

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Don't let the facade and the state of the surrounding buildings shock you. There is still construction going on, but not as bad as elsewhere in the city. And the street itself is very quiet at night.

I would not yet call it a 'luxury' boutique hotel, it still needs some work done.

BUT: the rooms are very spacious (at least the executive guest room I was in), with high ceilings. The workstation is sufficiently spaced and there is an extremely comfortable office chair.

The 'minimalistic' interior still has everything you need: flatscreen TV, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, good assortment of snacks.
(First time I have ever seen an 'intimacy kit' (condoms) and First Aid kit in a hotel room !)

While some have commented that the beds are very hard, which is true, I appreciated that and found it to be just right.

A MAJOR plus: free WiFi in the rooms (I really don't understand why most business hotels, including high priced ones, are still charging for it. These days it should be part of the room amenities.)

Although the hotel has recently been renovated, the room already showed some wear and tear, including water damage on the bathroom ceiling and floor. But don't forget, this is a very old building.

The lobby is modern, so is the bar area.

The staff is very friendly and extremely helpfull.

All in all a very good place and if they keep up the renovations it is well on it's way to become a true luxury boutique hotel.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I was put up here for one night having been "walked" by the hotel with which I had a reservation. First impressions not good as the receptionist was rather surly. The room was very poor indeed: tired decorations, a very uncomfortable bed with a pathetically thin matress and the sense that the furnishings had been bought for a completely different location. Bathroom in particular was rather grimy. To finish things off, the room eas very noisy with traffic sounds from early in the morning. Not in the least bit attractive or comfortable. There were two saving graces. First, the location is very, very central for Wall Street (although my taxi driver struggled to find it). Second, the self-service breakfast was good: nice room, reasonable choice and good coffee. So, if you want to have breakfast in a good location this would be a good bet. But ot so good if you like comfortable room and a good night's sleep.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SpivsUKOK
Reviewed 16 June 2010

The staff were great. All our requests were met promptly by very friendly staff.

The 5 of us stayed in a Double 2 Queen bed room with a roll away. The room was huge, about 300sqft. There was enough space for all our luggage. However, the room do look worn and more hard work is needed to clean the room and the bathroom. I suggest they use bleach. I didn't like the feel of the rough carpet against my feet. The mattresses weren't great either, I felt the springs on all the beds especially the roll away.

Very close to Wall Street with easy access to Staten Ferry. The nearest subway is only 5 minutes walk away and from there, only 10 minutes (at most) to Times Square. Only 10 minutes walk away to the bottom of Broadway where all the shops are.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Telechubbi
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Wow! Eurostars has far exceeded our expectations! Everything is just fabulous here. The decor is modern and trendy. There is a hip little bar near the lobby. Check in was a breeze. Our room is fabulous, clean, very roomy and a really comfy bed. Aside from all of that, the staff really sets this hotel apart. Lamont and Jose are so friendly and helpful. Suggestion after suggestion, directions and they were not waiting for a tip (even though we were happy to give them one) It is in the financial district, so there is not a lot going on, but for us it was perfect b/c it was a nice clean, safe area and it is nice and quiet for a good night's sleep. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2010

My trip to new york became so much better because of the staff, they were very friendly and always offered help. I wear a headscarf and i expected staring but it was more than that, I faced hostile unwelcoming staring , and people clearly not wanting to help when we ask for directions. The rooms are new, very clean, the heating was not working, but later on someone fixed it for us. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didnt work but it wasnt a major thing. The location is great , close to 3 subway stations and to Wall street, there''s a lot of Cafes and Restaurants walking distance in the area. It wasnt difficult to sleep late night because the area becomes very quiet which is a good thing if you travel with babies or a couple looking to relax. There's a discounted parking close by, but still it wasnt cheap.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I stayed here because I could get a free night with my airline points. From the website it looked very modern and trendy. Upon arrival I was surprised at what I saw. The website pictures were obviously taken a couple years ago. The lobby was plain looking and the furniture worn. Our room was large and had a full kitchen, but the carpet was rough and stained. The bed was the hardest thing I have ever slept on in my life-talk about a quick way to ruin a vacation. The towels were also rougher than I have had in most hotels, and they didn't give us new ones after our first night (which we didn't realize until the following morning when we went to shower). The lounge was supposed to be open Monday through Friday, but when we went to have a drink Friday night we found the doors closed. It was fine for a free night, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple