“Great start to our Trip!”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #3 of 651 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our first visit to
New York! I had done a lot of research and choose NY Tours and wow what a morning, Jimmy our tour guide was probably the most knowledgable person I have ever met, he jammed so much info into our tour which was all so interesting.. I highly recommend this to anyone the only thing id say is wear comfortable walking shoes which you are told to do, some water and a couple of snacks just in case u get hungry!!!

4  Thank Auskitty85
Write a ReviewReviews (5,535)
All reviews
"pop culture"
in 123 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 176 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 137 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2014

What an amazing experience!! We took The Big Apple Private Tour with David and it was Great! He was fun and knew pretty much everything there was to know about NYC!! Any questions we had David was there to answer! We had a great time and would definitely recommend this over those bus tours any day!!! Coreen and Dave

4  Thank IowaTrips
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Had the 6 hour tour with the wife and 5 others, cannot fault it in any way. Our guide Jimmy Napoli was great company, very knowledgeable of his home city and a bundle of laughs. Got to see parts of city we wouldn't have seen on our own,learnt the subway and heard some great facts and stories about this beautiful city. Do it on your first day I promise you will not regret it. P.S dont be afraid to have a drink with Jimmy after in the White Horse Tavern, you learn a whole lot more! Cheers Jimmy !

1  Thank Ciaran M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been to NYC many times, but this was the first time I did a walking tour there. I booked my family's tour based on the Trip Advisor reviews for this company. We did the Dozen Apples tour with Fabrice (tour guide). It was wonderful! Fabrice was very knowledgable of all things NY and passionate about his city. It was a lot of walking, but we also used the subway for transportation. Visited many places that you would normally not see or know about as a regular tourist. My family throughly enjoyed this tour and learned a lot about NYC. On a side note - Prior to doing this tour, I had several questions (such as how to do the Metro card, locations, etc). Each time I called, I spoke with Luke. He was always very helpful, pleasant, and patient with me in answering all of my questions. As a consumer, I appreciate the excellent customer service I received. Based on this and the great tour, I would highly recommend this company and using them for one of their tours.

5  Thank budgetbuddy01
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My boyfriend and I did the Downtown tour on May 18th with Gregory and it was wonderful! Gregory was amazing! Knowledgeable and entertaining. The tour was mostly walking with a short ride on the subway (and a big thank you to Gregory for taking the time to explain the subway system to us...after that we had no problems getting anywhere we needed in Manhattan). We are so happy we did this tour as we learned so much about the history of the places we visited. There were 8 people in our group so we were all able to hear and see the sights very easily. Loved it! I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting New York.

1  Thank Julie G