“Brilliant tour”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #8 of 648 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 11 June 2014

After reading all the positive reviews about real New York tours decided to book the dozen apples group tour for the 30th of May with my friend and my son. Jimmy Napoli was our tour guide for the day, he's really passionate about his hometown and very knowledgeable, day was fast paced and we learned so much about the amazing city that is New York! Can't wait to come back!!

Amazing tour book it you won't be disappointed!!

2  Thank mandyducey
Write a ReviewReviews (5,555)
All reviews
"pop culture"
in 123 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 176 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 137 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If this is the only thing you do in NYC, then it will make the trip worthwhile.

My first trip to NY and I have to say that the walking tour gave me a great perspective on the geography, layout, history, background, neighbourhoods and people that make up the melting pot hat is the Big Apple.

If you have any questions, then simply ask the guys that run the place. Their pre tour communications are great, and Trey (our guide for the day) was most informative, friendly and fun.... And a great ambassador for their business.

My only guidance would be to listen to their advice and wear comfortable shoes as this is a long walking tour, although at no point was it boring or tiring due to Trey's energy, enthusiasm and zest for his adopted home city.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We decided to book a Real New York Tour after reading the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We did the Dozen Apples group tour (not a private one) with Jimmy and it was such a fabulous introduction to the city. I had been to NYC before, but my boyfriend had not, so we figured this would be a good way to see each neighborhood and then we could go back and visit again afterwards. Jimmy was a hoot - we was funny, had TONS of historical stories about the city and it's people. He definitely made the tour. This was pretty much a full day tour...we started at about 10am and finished around 4pm. There was a lot of walking, but lots of time to rest in between stops. It's also a great way to learn how to ride the subway if you are new to that. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour and can't say enough good things.

1  Thank CalgaryRed17
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were a party of 4 and did a private, Big Apple Tour with Greg, who was so very knowledgeable about all sorts of aspects of life in NYC to the sites we visited. This was a fantastic introduction to NYC, and thoroughly spoilt any other tour we did, that didn't quite live up to our Greg! So thank you. We will definitely be recommending Greg and Real New York Tours to our other Kiwis friends, who might be visiting!

1  Thank SandyD3461