“A Great Way to See NYC!!!”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #2 of 598 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Chardon, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Great Way to See NYC!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I traveled to NYC June 8-11 for a business seminar, but having never been there before, I flew in early on Sunday in order to explore the Big Apple. After much research, I decided to take a Real New York Tour because I'd much rather get out there into the thick of things than sit on a bus in traffic. The tour was fantastic. We explored so many places and so many neighborhoods and riding the subway made me comfortable enough to ride it for the rest of my stay. I made the most out of this business trip, leaving my hotel every evening to explore and not arriving back to my room until midnight or later each night. Had it not been for Real New York Tours and Jimmy, I probably wouldn't have had the guts to go off on my own and go as many places as I did. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to see the Real New York City the way that New Yorkers see their city!!

4 Thank Sue P

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“"Everyone should experience New York this way"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

After researching various tours of New York, and reading the excellent reviews, we decided to book the Dozen Apples group tour, as it was limited to 12 people. What an absolute delight it turned out to be, we were warmly greeted by Gregory, our guide for the day, who kept us informed and entertained for in excess of 7 hours. He was both charming and witty and had us spellbound with his detailed knowledge of the city and its people. We were in awe of this lovely man, who has such passion for his native New York, which was conveyed in his stories in such a personal way. Thank you so much Gregory, for allowing us to see New York through your eyes, on our first visit.
If you enjoy walking and think of doing a tour then THIS IS THE ONE. We found that a small backpack was ideal to take and packed it with some snacks, bottled water, wet wipes, money for lunch, that all important camera, and do wear some comfortable walking shoes. Oh and don't forget the sunscreen, as apart from the 3 - 4 rides on the subway you will, with a bit of luck, be walking around in the sunshine.
We wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend this tour to our friends and family, so easy to book through Luke and Amber before you get there. It was, to quote a well used american word "AWESOME".

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Suzie D
scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Brilliant tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

After reading all the positive reviews about real New York tours decided to book the dozen apples group tour for the 30th of May with my friend and my son. Jimmy Napoli was our tour guide for the day, he's really passionate about his hometown and very knowledgeable, day was fast paced and we learned so much about the amazing city that is New York! Can't wait to come back!!

Amazing tour book it you won't be disappointed!!

2 Thank mandyducey
basingstoke
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fantastic - highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

If this is the only thing you do in NYC, then it will make the trip worthwhile.

My first trip to NY and I have to say that the walking tour gave me a great perspective on the geography, layout, history, background, neighbourhoods and people that make up the melting pot hat is the Big Apple.

If you have any questions, then simply ask the guys that run the place. Their pre tour communications are great, and Trey (our guide for the day) was most informative, friendly and fun.... And a great ambassador for their business.

My only guidance would be to listen to their advice and wear comfortable shoes as this is a long walking tour, although at no point was it boring or tiring due to Trey's energy, enthusiasm and zest for his adopted home city.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing Intro to NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We decided to book a Real New York Tour after reading the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We did the Dozen Apples group tour (not a private one) with Jimmy and it was such a fabulous introduction to the city. I had been to NYC before, but my boyfriend had not, so we figured this would be a good way to see each neighborhood and then we could go back and visit again afterwards. Jimmy was a hoot - we was funny, had TONS of historical stories about the city and it's people. He definitely made the tour. This was pretty much a full day tour...we started at about 10am and finished around 4pm. There was a lot of walking, but lots of time to rest in between stops. It's also a great way to learn how to ride the subway if you are new to that. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour and can't say enough good things.

Visited April 2014