“Real New York Tours exceed my expectations”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #2 of 607 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
“Real New York Tours exceed my expectations”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

On my recent trip to NYC I did the Downtown Dozen tour with Real New York Tours. The tour exceeded all my expectations. I booked the tour at the last minute and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The tour guide was Jimmy Napoli, who, besides being a native New Yorker is also a history professor, which means he had all kinds of varied and interesting information to share. It's a walking tour so wear comfortable shoes because you will be walking for 3-4 hours. The Real New York Tours website has a short video on navigating the NYC subway system and Jimmy also tips to share as well. End result is the only taxi I took post tour was the one back to the airport. Saved me a fortune. I highly recommend this tour.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Tony, Tony, Tony!”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

A wonderful day, this tour was an amazing and unexpected treat, and we owe it all to Tony. In NYC for a much-pined-for girlfriend trip to the Big Apple, we we arrived late...and it was then that I knew that Tony was the *perfect* guide for us. He made everything okay, set us up for a much needed great cup of coffee and then proceeded in serving us for the entire day as the most perfect gentleman guide.

He was not only knowledgeable about the history, neighborhoods and subtle aspects of Manhattan and beyond, he instinctively knew exactly what we needed and wanted at each turn along the way, as if he wanted nothing more than to make sure we had the best day we could. We explored NYC from one end to the other and had a blast along the way.

Tony is the best!

London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“The best and only way to see NYC!”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I went to NYC on the 23rd November 2010 with three of my girlfriends. I contacted the Real NYC Tours and was delighted to find out that the four of us were able to have a Half Apple tour on our trip. We were able to tailor the tour to what interested us. For just over $60 each we had a tour experience none of us would ever forget!

Shawn, our tour guide, picked us up from our hotel in Times Square and we went on our way. We travelled on foot and on the Subway and we even managed to get on a bus as well. Shawn wasnt like any other tour guide he was more like a friend showing us around the city. In the 3.5 hours of our tour we saw Radio City, Rockefeller Centre, St Pauls Cathedral (which i highly recommend), Little Italy (where Shawn introduced us to by far the best NY Cheescake), Chinatown (where we had noodles in a box) and then we went to the Ground Zero Site. Shawn dropped us off at Battery Park for us to continue our onward journey to the statue of liberty.

I can honestly say that his knowledge of the city was second to none, he was friendly and informative and by the end of it we were gutted he had to leave as he was great company! The tour was not rushed and even though we over ran slightly there was never a feeling of being "on the clock".

I would recommend this tour to ANYONE but for us in particular, a group of girls in their 20's it was an exceptional way to see the city in the most personal way!

I would definitely do this tour again! Thank you Real NYC Tours! We had a great time!

Selina, Tanya, Naomi and Kathrine.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A 'must do' experience”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We did the 6 hour tour with Mindy on our first full day and it was an excellent way to start our break. We not only got an overview of the city but also got such interesting insights that you only get with such an individual and personal service. Looking back I cannot believe we covered so much in one day! We were tired at the end but it was worth every penny. Mindy was also happy to give us tips and information that helped for the rest of our stay. Christine, Tina and Lynn

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“THE best way to tour NYC”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We took the Half Apple Private tour of Downtown, just my brand new husband and myself - we were on our honeymoon in NYC and I'd always wanted someone who really knew the city to show me around. It was our second time in the city and we had more time so we thought we'd treat ourselves. I'd seen TripAdvisor reviews for Real New York Tours before and knew straightaway that if I ever booked a personal tour it would be with them as they had such a good reputation. We met Nathan our tour guide in Greenwich Village and over the course of three hours we took in as much of downtown as it's possible to take in. Nathan was warm and friendly and really knew about the city we were touring. He was great company and was happy to go at our pace. He was always ready with interesting information about the architecture and history of wherever we happened to be.

We took in lots of downtown and even found time to pop into what used to be CBGBs (unfortunately no photos allowed inside - boo!) and The Morrison Hotel where there happened to be a Julian Lennon photography exhibition taking place.

I would recommend taking trainers or comfortable walking shoes and a camera as you will doubtless have lots of opportunities to take pictures - there's so much to see. If you're looking for a tour that is personal, informative and more importantly, great fun, look no further, it was worth every penny (or cent) and Nathan was brilliant.

1 Thank PPJJP