“The cozy international inn became my second home”

The International Cozy Inn
Ranked #24 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Hey guys!
I just wanted to share my experience from staying at the Cozy International Inn.

I came to New York in the beginning of january 2009 to educate myself at Broadway Dance-Center.

I stayed at the cozy international inn for 7 months and it became my second home.
Ramona, the woman who owns the building welcomed me with open arms and big smile on her face!

Cozy International is a family buissnes runed by the lovely mother Ramona and her beautiful daughter Michelle.
Ramona and Michelle are very, friendly people. They're always there when you need them! They're Serviceminded, proffesional and does everything for you to feel like home.
They always listen to your wishes and they're more than willing to compromise to the best for you and them.
They're always happy to help if u have any questions about anything. Where to find the grocerystore, if any church is around, very to go at night, nightsclubs, well anything!

The rooms and suits are very fresch, modern and pleasant.
I love the decoration and how they redecorate the rooms on a regular basis. Just to get the "new and fresch" feeling. They rooms always look different to every guest who enters the doors.

When you enter the hallway the walls are covered with pictures of guests that's been staying there. I think it's very welcoming seeing all this people from all over the world that's been staying under the same roof smiling at you when you check in at the cozy international.

They area is nice and I felt safe walking home late nights and all day around. The location of the buildning is only two blocks from the subway and it only takes you 15 mins to get to mid-town.

This review means alot to me sense I felt like one in the family.
I came to this city alone, long way from home. And beeing a student in a big city as New York can sometimes feel very lonely and everytime I felt lonely, I went downstairs, rang the doorbell got a hug and a smile!

Ramona is a hard working woman in NYC and I remember this day I came downstaris cause I wanted to thank her for everything and to show my appriciation, she smiled at me and said that if her daughters ever go anywhere in the world she hoped for them to meet the same kind of helping people as she's trying to be.

Sense I was a student with a smaller wallet I found Cozy International as the best place to stay. And they really make your money worth, high quality of rooms and service.

I've been coming back to NY 2 times sense i finished my education and I can't see myself live anywhere else then on 248 lenox avenue between 122nd and 123rd street 10027 NY cause that's MY SECOND HOME!!!

I love you guys!

/Maria Kjelin
-Sweden

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhiteCocholate

Reviewed 15 November 2009

we stayed at the ici for three weeks . It was a home away from home, very comfortable and cozy , clean and quiet. The service given by Ramona and Michelle was friendly and helpful.. Access to transport , both bus and subway is very close. I would certainly return to the ici and recommend it to others. joanne

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Me and 2 of my friends stayed in Room #6 for 4 nights in October and I would definitley stay there again!! The rooms were very nice and clean and decorated really cute! Ramona and Michelle were so nice and would go out of their way to make you feel at home! The ICI is only 2 blocks from the subway and a short walk to Central Park. If you are on a budget, i would recommend staying here..I'm sure I will stay there next time I go back to NY!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank em38
Reviewed 26 October 2009

My feelings about the International Cozy Inn is weird, the place is relly nice and the decoration of rooms is really well made. It's clean, I love the neighborhood, it's really close to the metro station... Everything was perfect except the service as one time I got shouted by the owner (the mother) because they ask to pay everything from the first day, but my bank account didn't let me withdraw more than 300 a day so they threaten to put me out, then I get shouted because I moved the bed in my room, and because the sink was not working nicely when I left (considering the fact that I told it the first day when I arrived) and because I unpplugged the lamp of my room!!!

TO SUMMARIZE: Nice place to stay but don't expect a good service, prefer talking to Mitchell that is really nice and avoid the terrible mother ;-)
If you want to be quiet ask a room that has no windows on the street

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiftaraceenvoyage
Reviewed 2 September 2009

we stayed there for 6 nights in the very nice equipet room and every day we were looking forward to come back to our short-time home after a long day in NYC. Several restaurants, shops and the metro stations are close to the ICI. Thanks to Ramona and Michelle, we really enjoyed our stay there

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Lovely guest house, comfortable and close to the subway station, as well as bars, restaurants (I recommend the Lenox Lounge, the pearl of Jazz in Harlem, and Sylvia's typical Ristorane sou of Food). Definitely adorable staff, especially Tiffany.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Hi all you travellers out there!

My name is Eunice and I stayed for 3,5 month at the International Cozy inn and had an amazing experiance. I found the rooms to be really nice and trendy and al though I was worried at first about living in Harlem I can now say I felt safe during al my three months there!

The landlord and her daughter are more then friendly and help you out with your problems no mather what the time of the day is. The neighberhood is safe and the price for the rooms is really good considering it is in Manhattan, it only takes about 15 minuts to time square!

I would deffenitly recomend this place, infact I am planning to return here!

I