“The one place I really looked forward to on my trip to NYC!”
Review of The Jane

The Jane
Ranked #302 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Houston
“The one place I really looked forward to on my trip to NYC!”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I traveled to NYC solo and I looked for the most interesting and most memorable hotel I could find. After looking for awhile I came across The Jane which states to have the smallest hotel rooms in all of NYC. I was hooked and very excited because as a photographer I knew this place would make for a great photo op for my friends back home to see.

The rooms don't have their own bathroom/shower so don't expect to get that. instead theres a community washroom with individual bathroom and shower stalls. a bit of an inconvenience but something I did not have a problem with at all.

After all of the photos I have taken on this trip the one that gets the most comments from my friends and family are the ones of my hotel room here at The Jane! Hilarious. hehe.

I paid about $99 a night and thats prolly the cheapest you'll find anywhere in NYC. They even have double occupancy rooms which come with bunk beds so you can get 2 people per room. =)

If youre into having a good time, having fun and experiencing new and exciting things then I would definitely suggest The Jane. I had a blast and the photos of myself in the room have remained a conversation piece til this day!

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank HoustonPhotog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 October 2010

The hotel itself was in a really great local, and the decor was fantastic... However, the rooms (especially the singles) were very very small. Also, the wait staff at the restaurant could be at times very pretensious (i left without tipping once because i was absolutely horrified by the way the waiter was treating the man next to me) though the food was very good! Last note, they have a free cycle hire, which was an absolutely fabulous way of seeing Manhattan!

• Stayed September 2010
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The rooms are TINY (5-7ft), designed like ship's cabins with bunk beds or single rooms with a single bed, bathrooms down the hall, coed use, but the location, in the West Village, with cobblestone streets and brownstones, is superb and the price is amazing for Manhattan. Bicycles for guests are complimentary. The subway and bus are about a 10 minute walk, but the Hudson river is only a few steps. You can see the statue of Liberty out the window.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
The_Jane, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We will look forward to seeing you at the Jane again in the future!
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Just spent 3 nights at the Jane Hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. What a quaint and charming place. I have never been treated so well by every member of the staff that I came in contact with. The room, while tiny, was very clean - NO BED BUG PROBLEMS - and quite adequate for my purposes. It was truly a fun experience and my fellow travelers felt the same.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Just got back from spending 4 nights at The Jane..Yes the rooms are small. but for as little time I spent in the room it was great..Very clean. Good Beds..(NO bed bugs) Clean Bathrooms and yes they are down the hall. Every time I went to the bathroom nobody was there. GREAT STAFF..Everybody friendly and willing to help you..Be sure to check out the bar. Really nice..A little over price for a drink. But still nice.
Great Location. Not to far from the subway. Be sure to go across the street to the bay for a nice walk. Or use one of the bikes the hotel has for you to use. Lots of great resturants in the area. And the area was very safe.
If you are traveling solo like myself. this place is worth it..Why pay extra for a room that you will be hardly in.
Will stay there again next time in NYC..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I stayed at the Jane On September 20 thru September 27.. I would feel itchy at night and didn't know why then I found tiny blood staing and saw two bedbugs that was upsetting i notified management and I saw the exterminator in there that same day. The gentleman came into the room and sprayed wit while we were given a diffrent room in the meantime I asked them what company they used because I wanted to inquire how were we going to know the bedbugs were gone they used a company based in Staten Island called JB the gentleman looked like he knew what he was doing he answered all the questions i asked him in the hallway his name was Victor ( I belive) he did great I didn't get bitten for the rest of my stay. Great Job to the Jane and JB exterminating and Victor you gusy made me feel great

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luvinit91
The_Jane, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Bedbugs are currently an epidemic in New York and as you have seen, we are taking the issue very seriously. I'm happy to hear that you still had a nice stay and that we were able to address the issue promptly. We will look forward to your next visit!
Seattle
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I recently stayed at the Jane Hotel 9/19-9/23. I got bed bugs. In fact they traveled all the way to Seattle with me and I still am having issues with ridding my apartment/life of them. The savings in hotel rates is not worth all the trouble that Bud Bugs create. I would strongly advise not to stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shauna S
I'm sorry to hear that you encountered bedbugs on your trip to New York. This is currently an epidemic throughout the city and beyond. It is possible to come into contact with the pest in any hotel, theater, or subway in the city. We take the problem very seriously at the Jane and respond to all issues immediately. When the problem arises we employ a method of heat-treatment which ensures a full eradication, however due to the fact that we are a transient property and any traveler could bring bedbugs in upon check-in there is no guarantee that the problem could not arise again. However, all of our housekeeping staff are trained to recognize the problem and to report instances to management for immediate treatment. We make every effort to prevent this problem for future guests.