“who is reviewing this hotel?”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City
Ranked #171 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Huge Money for tiny room. I mean tiny. I paid a ridiculous fee to stay in a ity bity room. The staff was nice, and so were the restaurants, but it was so tiny. Everything else was fine. Staff fine, but rooms just so tiny. The bed took up the entire room.

Room Tip: Huge expense tiny room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest,

It was kind of you to compliment our friendly staff, great restaurant and rooftop lounge, and I thank you for writing. We have a range of room configurations, so I was very sorry to hear that yours was much smaller than you expected. It is true that New York hotel rooms can feel quite compact to visitors from out West. When you come again, and I hope you will, please call me directly and it will be a pleasure to share some of the other room categories that will give you the additional space you require.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I took a 4 day weekend with my daughter who had always wanted to see New York City. It was our first trip. The hotel was perfect for us. Nicely decorated with modern touches. The staff greeted us every day with a "good morning, hope you enjoy your day", and welcomed us back each night with a " welcome back, how was your day". No question was too small and they went out of their way to make recommendations and help us navigate the city. The location is out of the noisy, overcrowded Times Square area, but a very pleasant walk to the Theater District, Times Square, Herald Square and shopping. Pair this hotel with a New York Pass to see your pick of attractions, and a Hop-on, Hop-off Bus ticket to take you to the attractions, and you have a no-brainer, perfect get away. I will definitely stay there again. The trip changed my mind about New Yorkers, they are very gracious and proud of showing off their great city. Keep up the good work at the Strand.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 14th floor, away from the noise of the street. I slept like a baby.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about how much you “Loved the hotel”. I’ll let all the staff members know what an impression they made during your eight day visit with us. We are so pleased with the special care and attention you received as it is truly second nature to our great team. I love that you described the Strand as quirky and arty, because here in New York’s Fashion District, that is exactly the way we intend to be. I hope your travels will bring you back again soon

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The Strand Hotel has some great features. The front desk staff and bellmen were excellent. The concierge was ok. The housekeeping staff is their weakest link. The room we had in this hotel was rather small, but fine. The shower had "issues" because of a half-wall only, and it leaked onto the floor every time we took a shower, despite our best efforts to keep it dry. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive, and just ok. We also had dinner here and the food was very good. The only suggestion I would have is that they get rid of the "steak sauce" that was served with a very nice steak. The steak sauce was A1 from a bottle. After all that effort to make a nice steak, why not make a little sauce instead of pouring from a bottle. Or, serve it on the side for those that like it.

Dear Guest,

As always, we thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit, as guest feedback is a vital part of our success. We appreciate your praise about our excellent front of the house team and will certainly pass this along to them. We apologize for falling short on your housekeeping experience and hope you will take the time to contact directly for a better understanding of addressing your concerns. We will certainly look and review your concern with our breakfast pricing and for the concern you expressed with our steak sauce. I can assure you that our chef prepares all of his sauces for scratch and apologize if the sauce was not at our usual high standards. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your stay as I would be delighted to have you back ensuring that we address and make your future stays perfect!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights in an executive room, over looking the city and roof top gardens at the back of the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. We asked for tea and coffee. It arrived. We asked for the sofa bed to accommodate my sick daughter for 2 days . Carlos made it happen. Ice buckets no problem.
The room was so clean and our maid who has been there since the hotel opened loved working there....... The restaurant is worth a look, we didn't have breakfast but had dinner a couple if times and often had a re group coffee in the afternoon. It's quirky and a bit arty I loved it!
The roof top bar looks straight out to the Empire state building. It is used for private functions but there was opportunity to go and enjoy the bar, the view view and enjoy a cocktail....

Across the road is the Blacksmith Deli open 24 hours selling everything, wine , breaki food, Asian meals it was awesome! Probably saved us food wise.... Plenty to choose and the coffe wasn't too bad.

When we left both John and Greek were sooo helpful in getting us a taxi and helping us figure out our options in a ticket problem, they were awesome! Thank you guys so much...... I'll be back next year and almost don't want to tell anyone how great you were so we get in next year , thank you :)

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynda W

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Strand Hotel: Perfect Location, very friendly and competent staff and brilliant roof top Bar. Good value for Money. Also Family friendly and practical To See Broadway Shows.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I was delighted that you found everything to you liking at The Strand, and particularly that our family-friendly atmosphere made our hotel the ideal location for those who plan to see Broadway shows. We’re also close to great shopping, and to subways that make it easy to reach all of the area’s many attractions. Thanks for you for sharing your thoughts, and please come again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed there for the second time since 2010 and the place is still excellent. Some of the reception and concierge crew are very helpful, others less, but still OK. Unfortunately breakfast is no longer inclued in rate which has increased since 2010. However we would go there again for one or two nights just minutes off from Time Square and Subways.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ebdan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for noting that we have maintained the excellent standards that you enjoyed on your first visit two years ago. Our breakfast arrangements were changed in response to guests’ requests for a broader selection, and I hope you’ll sample it when you come again. Our central location near the Empire State Building is still among New York’s best. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our city.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have been to New York City before and to hotels here and at other places. The Strand Hotel stands out!
Fabulous, clean rooms, nice view to Empire State. Staff is very, very friendly and helpfull.
We felt very welcome there.
We had breakfast at the bistro. Staff there also very nice. Stacy was font of my little doughter and she remembered our preffered drinks and my addiction to lots of coffee in the morning. Before leaving, my doughter brought her a drawing with the words "thank you". Stacy has personality and stile, she looks awesome - what has nothing to do with a hotel review. Anyway: Her beautiful smile in the morning is the lovliest way to start the day. Thank you!

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review as we strive so hard to create memorable experiences for each of our guest. I was particularly thrilled that our restaurant team made every effort to make you and your daughter feel at home. We are truly dedicated to providing attentive personal service, and it is gratifying to know that the individuals who looked after you and your daughter made your stay special. I hope you will make the Strand your home whenever you come to New York.

Warm regards,