“convenient, friendly, fairly good location”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City
Ranked #163 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“convenient, friendly, fairly good location”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff was friendly and efficient, Valet was curbside to take our car. At check out it only took 10 minutes to get the car. Rooms were very nice. Smallish shower but more than adequate.
Breakfast was very good. Convenient location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda H
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Arriving in New York City by car can present challenges, and we take special pains to make parking convenient for our guests. Many thanks for sharing your experience with others, and when you return, which I hope you will, please be sure to book directly with our staff for the guaranteed best rate.

Warm regards,

John Loizos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Hungarian first
Panama, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had an amaizing stay..the staff are friendly an profesional...so kind and always ready to an extra miles as need it...location perfect...highly recommend everything about it...make me feel like home..i love all about he Strand...my family in NYC...thank you all for make everyday a good and productive one...

Room Tip: Empire State view
Green Features: Staff always help me, are friendly...realible, self confident, excellent customer service with that extra miles that i customer like me really appreciate a lot...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Agnes231
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that everything about your stay was just perfect, and that we helped make your visit to New York productive as well as pleasant. Please do make The Strand your New York home-away-from-home so that we can pamper you some more. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review; it means the world to us.

Palisades Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 April 2014

ok. Location is great. Other than that I really can't believe this one is 4 star hotel I'm not buying it. First of all I stayed in superior king and room was really small the bed is right next to door.
You have to ask for coffee maker and ice since they're not in the room. Roof top bar is not that fancy as photo and it's also small. Sight seeing of empire state bldg is spectacular and atmosphere is cozy though.
I booked this hotel through olotels.com for $255 without breakfast and when I checked price through hotel website and it was $240 with breakfast all in.
Staffs are kind and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your observation about the benefits of booking directly with us to receive our guaranteed best rate. We will always offer a better rate then what you may find on a third party site. I’m glad that you found the location convenient and the staff gracious.

I was sorry to read that your room was less spacious than expected, but please contact me directly when you return and it will be our pleasure to discuss our other room categories that I believe will meet your size expectations.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had an amazing stay at the Strand Hotel. Everyone who works there is very friendly and efficient. The room was beautiful, the rooftop bar had an amazing view and dinner was absolutely delicious at the restaurant. I would stay there again for sure! Highly recommend everything about it.

Room Tip: Every room seemed great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bette B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderfully positive comments about your stay. Everyone on our team is focused on making the guest experience awesome, and nothing makes us happier than hearing that we did our job to perfection. Your recommendation is very much appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit.

ontario, canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

stayed at The Strand April 18-20, arrived very early 9:00am, room was ready and we were instantly upgraded! we didn't have a view but that was ok since we don't spend alot of time in our room. The front desk staff were amazing, helpful and friendly, location was perfect. If you want a good breakfast that is reasonable go for a walk to the Evergreen family diner, good food!!! my husband and I loved our stay in NYC, this was our second visit and we will be back!

Room Tip: we stayed at the back, not a great view but very quiet
2 Thank janetalexa
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to the Strand for your second visit. We are so delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations. The staff will be happy with you “awesome” tittle and appreciate taking the time to acknowledge the small touches like early check in, we truly do our best!

I hope to personally welcoming you in the near future. Please feel free to contact me for the best available rate.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel itself was very nice, clean and modern, the reception staff and doorman were very helpful and pleasant and our room was nice and always clean. The location of the hotel was also very good.
We did however have some issues. On our first morning going to breakfast which was included we were sat down at a table and then just left for some time without knowing what to do... We managed to speak to someone who eventually came over and gave us a menu, I then had to enquire as to whether it was the whole menu or a portion of it that was included and therefore free. It was apparent that only one option was part of the included section and had I not enquired about this we would never had known and then been charged. The service was slow and not great, we had left plenty of time for breakfast as we had a tour booked that morning and were continuously watching the time. When finished we got up to leave and were called back as I apparently had to sign the check which said $0. That's fine but if someone had taken the time to explain how things worked that would have been great. Not the service I would expect and as a result of this we had breakfast out for the rest of our stay.
The second issue we had was the rooftop bar, although very modern and great views it was expensive $9 for a beer but hey I expected that. My problem was the staff. (Mamelie58 on 21st November also mentions this to which the manager said this would be looked into)
I go up to pay for the one beer I had to which the lady then says its $10 (the menu says $9) I give her the $10 to which she then says "Are you not gonna leave a tip?" Excuse me? How rude, insulting and embarrassing. I could not believe what she had said. Your actually asking me for a tip when you have only brought over one already expensive beer? How dare you ask me for a tip! That is at my discretion! I wish I had of spoken to someone at the time but when its late at night I don't have time to. Customer service is something you should get right in the first place in my opinion and this issue has not been mentioned by just me!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked offices which wasn't great. You can ask for a room facing the Empire State b...
2 Thank TomGB90
Dear Guest

I hope this finds you well! We take a lot of pride on the genuine service provided by our team, and so when reading about the concerns you encountered it is beyond unacceptable to me. I sincerely apologize for these shortcomings and wish this was brought to a manager’s attention before you had departed. I completely understand your frustration on simply taking the necessary time to better understand your Breakfast arrangements and will address this with our team moving forward. You also make reference to a past incident regarding a similar poor approach by one of our servers as it related to gratuity and can assure you that we took this very serious and in fact no longer have that employee working for us.

I hope I may be able to take a few minutes of your time to personally apologize and to further discuss your overall visit. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to have you back in the near future as this was clearly not indicative of our usual high standards. Thank you once again for taking the time and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Strand is everything you would want for a trip to New York. Centrally located - 200 yards from Macy's and the Empire State building, smartly designed in an Art Deco style, not too big and with staff for which nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was very comfortable and the bed was great after a long day's sight seeing.

The stylish rooftop bar has an excellent iew, nice drinks and courteous staff. We couldn't have asked for more and look forward to returning on our next visit to NYC. I would recommend The Strand to others.

Ruth and Graeme Simons

Room Tip: Get a room at the front on an upper floor. The view of the Empire State Building is stunning.
1 Thank Graeme S
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Simons,

We will continue to work hard to earn your amazing tittle “Fabulous”, it is truly music to our ears! We sincerely thank you for your kind praises and as I read your name at the end of your review, I recall that you were here at the Strand celebrating your Wedding Anniversary, happy belated! On behalf of the Strand thank you for your strong recommendation and hope to have you back with us again soon.

Warm regards,