“Definetly not so luxury hotel in NYC as it seems:)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City
Ranked #149 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Definetly not so luxury hotel in NYC as it seems:)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Let's do plus-minus review about The Strand Hotel New York.

+ staff. fast, attentive, friendly
+ btw 5th and 6th avenue
+ new, cosy, silent
+ privacy and cleen my room buttons
+ huge window
+ free wi-fi

- 2 elevators
- small room and small bathroom
- only shower cabin
- no sleepers in the room
- plastic hangers
- no mirror for shaving
- loud air-conditioner

I stayed in Bryant Park Hotel before and expected from The Strand the same level. Sorry but plastic hangers are not from 4 stars hotel. As well as 2 elevators in Hotel are not good if you have rooftop and I should wait more then 3-4 minutes to rise.

This is it from my side. Thank you and Take Care.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review. Your feedback is very important to us, and will always try to use the information to improve our property. We appreciate listing the positives of your stay and certainly committed to addressing any improvements that apply to some of the observations you have made.

John Loizos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Hungarian first
Martinsburg,WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with another couple to visit the city for a birthday celebration. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a perfect view of the Empire State Building! The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and very quiet with the windows closed, nice shower, amenities and wonderful plush towels for a hotel. We called for ice several times during our stay and it always arrived within a few minutes. Our only problem was the stuffy and warm temp of the room. We were on the 18th floor, which may have contributed to it. Hector, from maintainence, did his best to resolve the issue but unsuccessfully. His boss was to address it the next day, but there was no follow up. The hotel did offer us another room on the 20th floor, but with no view and away from our friends(who had a similar issue as well). We declined and just slept with the windows open, a little noisy but MUCH cooler. They did comp us with breakfast and drinks. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and were appreciative of the service in general.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for selecting the Strand for your birthday celebration! I was delighted that you enjoyed all of our services and that we were able to extend the extra bonus of an upgrade. I was though disappointed that you encountered some challenges with the A/C unit and have immediately looked into this issue since reading your review. Please do hesitate to call me as I will be able to elaborate more on this matter.

I hope to have you back with us soon, and welcome you to contact me directly for any of your future visits.

Old Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at the Strand for 4 nights. I was originally supposed to go away for a romantic getaway with my husband but for various reasons our plans fell apart so I took along a friend for a traveling companion. The Strand is a beautiful hotel with incredible views of the Empire State building. The roof top bar is awesome. My room was spotless and the hotel staff were attentive, informative, and friendly. Many days I put on my walking shoes and ventured out into the city by myself with no set plans and found myself visiting many places of interest all within walking distance. One night towards the end of my stay I ordered room service before heading out to a Broadway show and was more than pleasantly surprised so the next night decided to dine at the Strand and had another wonderful meal.When checking out I vowed to return in September with my husband but since I had such an enjoyable New York trip my husband and I are planning to return in a couple of weeks for a long weekend and certainly will be staying at the Strand. Many Thank You's to the staff for a most enjoyable experience. Will be back soon! Waving from Connecticut!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Connie D
Dear Guest,

Your recent review is beyond words, thank you for this amazing depiction of the Strand! The team will be ecstatic with all of your kind sentiments and hope this will be one of many returns.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for the best available rate.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Perfect boutique hotel with great facilities and excellent location close to everything. The room is well appointed and the Fragonard toiletries added a touch of luxury. Great decor and ambiance overall and amazing views of the Empire State Building from our room's window on the the 18th floor.
The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable and the rooftop bar is a great place with wonderful atmosphere!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,

How great to hear about the many elements that pleased you, from the luxurious French toiletries and glamorous décor to our great location, and the outstanding ladies and gentlemen who made you feel truly welcome.

Thank you for writing about your stay, and please come again.

Warm regards,

Fort Qu'Appelle, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great hotel. We loved the location - close to the action, but just far enough away to give you a break from the crowds. Staff are wonderful - helpful with every request we had! We had a King room with a wonderful view of the Empire State building. The room was smaller than expected because it seems they only feature the "premier" room on the website photos, but it was perfectly fine. The bed was awesome- comfortable and wonderful bedding - which is something we were hoping for because when you get back to the room after a long day of walking around NYC you want a comfortable place to crash. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the roof top bar because it's small and we arrived late in the evening so there were no seats left. It looked like a wonderful place to hang out with great ambiance so if you stay here be sure to check it out and go early so you get a seat. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for the Empire State Building view - amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Readers will appreciate knowing that you found our bedding awesome, and I thank you for mentioning it. After all, a perfect setting rest and relaxation is what you want after a long day of sightseeing or business. Many thanks for writing, and for your kind words about our superb staff. I will pass it along to them, and all of us at The Strand look forward to welcoming you again.

Berlin, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just returned from a weekend in NYC. Stayed at The Strand Hotel - excellent stay. Staff was beyond helpful and polite. Hotel has a Roof Top bar which is so cozy and the views are phenominal! Thank you to John Loizos and Matthew Salamone for making our first trip to NYC not only memorable but incredible!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest on your first visit to New York. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Hearing that your stay was a memorable one makes us really proud, and I thank you for writing. Matt and I are so pleased that we were able to play a part on this memorable visit and hope to personally welcome you back in the near future!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great staff make great places you want to go back and this was our experience .
Nice ambiance
Very good restaurant
Limited bar Options even though no big deal
Definitively will stay again if we visit NYC

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Everyone loves to discover a hidden gem, a place that exceeds expectations and makes you want to return again and again. I am delighted that you feel this way about The Strand and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your discovery with others. Your good opinion means a lot and I look forward to welcoming you in person next time.