“Someone said: Unpretentious, Hip, Fresh. Could not say it better!”
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Ace Hotel New York
Ranked #195 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 September 2013

That's exactly what this hotel is. Maybe even NY! Therefore, this hotel reflects the city.
This hotel is really a pleasant surprise in the city center, close to everything.
A simple room, but with detail. With character. A laptop available in the room, good amenities and a great minibar!
The lobby bar is the heart of the hotel. It has great drinks, music and atmosphere that help create a unique personality to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pamorim
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hi Pamorim,
Thanks a million for your visit and and really thoughtful review. Sounds like you might be considering a return? We would love to have you back!
Just a reminder, our rooms do not include laptops, however some of our floors have computers for guest use.
Hope to see you soon,
The Staff at Ace NY

Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

i´ve been to nyc many times but this is the best place i´ve stayed at so far! it´s a really cool, trendy place, with live music in the lobby at night, big rooms for new york and right at the center of everything!
only downturn is the price, i got a good rate but a friend tried to book a couple of weeks later and the price was almost double as high!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear wueibi,
We were happy to read you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your feedback. Best place you stayed in NYC - who could ask for more?
With regards to rates - they will fluctuate from time to time. If you and your friends can be flexible with dates, things just might work out. Our Reservations Crew are always on hand to assist you plan - in fact, we'd enjoy it. Please let us know if we can help.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you want to feel like you're in a place that's happening, but have a limited budget, this is the place to stay. My friend and I stayed in one of the bunk bed rooms. It's tiny, tiny with only one stool to perch on, but it's well designed. I used to live in NYC, so I'm used to small spaces and noise - the couple from Michigan checking in ahead of us was a little taken aback by the concert playing in the lobby. This hotel is not for everyone, but if you want to be on trend and save your money for shopping & eating in the city, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I don't go to NYC to look out hotel windows, I go to NYC to spend time in NYC. Skip the room wit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in September. I had emailed ahead and asked for a quiet room which they were able to help with (12th floor!) The room was small but pleasantly decorated and the air con was killer (which in 98 degree heat - 35 if you're from the UK) was so necessary! The bar in the lobby was decorated in a quirky style with lots of plastic cows and pigs around (cuter than it sounds) but the lobby bar was my favourite place. The staff were lovely and the vibe in the evening was great. We had a drink (or a few drinks) every night when we came back from wherever we had been for dinner.

There are alot of hipsters in the lobby taking up many of the seats but we found that hanging around meant you usually could find a seat at the bar if you wanted to (eventually). Downside is it didn't have as many other bars and restuarants in the immediate area as I would have liked and it was quite pricey but this is definatley a place for the cool kids. Learn more about my trip to New York from this blog: http://thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk/

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room above 3rd floor if you don't want to hear the noise from the lobby...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Listen, I travel a lot and stay at a ton of hotels. Just like anything else, some are good and some can be just shy of a Laval meth house but one thing’s for sure, nothing compares to the Ace Hotel New York.

I have been staying at the Ace Hotel (20 West 29th Street, New York City NY) for a few years and the best part of my stay never changes. It is when I walk through the front doors and am greeted by the hotel’s wonderful staff. It’s like a second home to me and I am sure that it can be the same for you as well.

From the moment you step into the lobby, you are surrounded by a parade of hipsters sporting their latest MAC gadgetry mixed right in with the wannabe hipsters who just finished off their work day on Wall Street. Nothing beats inhaling the waft of Stumptown coffee from the lobby where the line-up is reminiscent of a 1920s bread line. Trust me… it’s totally worth the wait. Grab a pastry while you’re there but make sure you have medical insurance first— you’ll need it after you nosh on these tasty little death treats. If I was ever on death row, I’d suspect I’d order order a triple shot latte and a chocolate donut as my last supper.

In addition, there’s not a bad room in the house. I have seriously spent a night in all of them. The staples found in every room include a crazy comfortable bed that slips me into a coma, a robe that makes me feel like Muhammad Ali before a fight, a turntable [with records] to listen to some tunes and if you are feeling musical and want to make your own, a guitar. Yes… I said a guitar.

Some things you should know before booking a stay:

1. If you come back to the hotel after 8 p.m. and notice a velvet rope and a doorman at the front, don’t worry, the lobby is always happening and a little security is never a bad thing. Flash your key and you are in like our editor Murtz at Boston Pizza during happy hour.

2. The restaurants in the hotel can make you forget that you’re in NYC. You won’t find any buffets just some spectacular cuisine.

3. The hotel is located on the Broadway subway line. The R train will take you pretty much anywhere.

Read more: http://weekendtrips.com/2013/aces-high-hotel-review-of-the-ace-hotel-new-york

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jack N
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a lovely stay here. We had a medium king room and the size of the room was fine, not large but enough space for us. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed super comfy! Nice bathroom but no bath in ours just a shower which was good. Room was quiet hardly any street noise just a few other guests! Lifts were slow. Lobby always busy, nice atmosphere. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We had requested a high up floor which we got. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had 6 nights in the hotel after stumbling across it on the internet by accident and am pleased that we did! The hotel is super trendy with a really relaxed and "happening" lobby. Everything from the decor/lighting to the drinks on offer at the bar and the selection of joined eateries etc fits very well.

The Breslin restaurant offers very good food in a bar like atmosphere and the stumptown coffee is great, but my personal favourite was sitting outside watching the world go by with a drink whilst eating east/west coast oysters at "The John Dory Bar".

Location is brilliant and the rooms were very comfy. (only downside being slightly dim which did not bother me as much as the Mrs!!).

Overall, would definitely consider staying at the Ace Hotel if returning as it is a very good hotel whilst also being a little bit different (in a good way) to what you would expect in a standard hotel around somewhere like Times Square.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor as had heard that the lobby could be quite loud. This was arrang...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joesho
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs joesho,
Thanks for your visit and valuable feedback. Someone once said "There is no such thing as Accident, it is fate misnamed!"
We especially enjoyed reading the things that delighted you during your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,