“Coolest Hotel in NYC”
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Ace Hotel New York
Ranked #175 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4nights in the small room.

R & N subway line the 28th Station is very close.
hotel is stylish.
Room feels dark at first but get used. cozy!
Recommended for people who like vintage furniture.

I ordered room service a "Lamb Burger" of the Breslin restaurant, it was very delicious!

I'll be back ACE!o(^_^)o
already next booked!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We look forward to having you back LALOVE1977 and thank you for your feedback. If we can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to us prior to your arrival! Simply drop a line to nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com. The lamb burger is still on the menu and just as delicious!
xoxo
The Staff of Ace New York

Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for seven nights in a medium room and we had a king size bed. This place focuses on what really matters, and setting up a very particular athmosphere. Both are brilliantly achieved. From the cosmetics to bedding, including bathrobes, towels, bed sheets, fridge, carpet, air con, phonic isolation, clothes hangers, lightning, no choice has been made randomly. It's was all about good taste, state of the art design and quality products. I had brought my own shower gel, shampoo and conditionner and ended up using only hotel products. There are customer dedicated notes everywhere (walls, elevators, tiles...) which are all either funny, inspirational or super usefull. Attached restaurant is wonderful and surprising to say the least. Lobby and bar are just spectacular. All the persons who work there were nice, skilled, and helpful. WiFi was good, everywhere, all the time. Not even speaking about location. That place will just make you feel good. I'll definitely book again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your amazing feedback b1nnie. There is so much to love about your comments! Most importantly, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. It is the greatest compliment we could receive and we hope you will reach out to us when planning your return. Please drop us a line at nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com. We look forward to assisting you.
All the best,
The Staff of Ace NY

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Imagine you went to college in East Berlin but the college was formerly an office building from the 1940s. Congratulations! You've just arrived at your room at the ACE NYC. Everything here in the room to me screams cheap and a lame take off of "industrial". I swear I've garbage picked better furniture than what they have in there. Small. Oak. Junk.
When I come home from walking all over Manhattan you know what sounds great? A huge soft bed with a comforter. Not some stupid plaid camping blanket and a bunk bed in a metal frame and carpet that smells like cat pee. Also, how about designing a bathroom where I can actually put things on a counter that I need? Its like a balancing act between the little space above the pedestal sink and the desk where you'll inevitably throw everything you need. Stay here with your girlfriend and you could very well end your relationship over that bathroom. This is the kind of inconvenience I put up with when I lived in New York - its not what I want when I return and pay over $350 for a room. Everyone kept telling me how cool the lobby is and I must admit it does have a vibe but its also loud as all hell and when its not, it turns into Hipster Public Library with everyone staring into their laptops.
After a while it all just started to feel like one of those themed places that converted like a prison or a washing machine plant into a hotel. "Hey its not convenient because thats how it was back then. Get it?!"
The food choices are good with an oyster bar and the Breslin which is impressive and Michelin starred. The coffeeshop to me was rubbish however. Worst mocha I've ever sipped and they had a chocolate chip cookie that literally tasted like it was dropped on the beach - it was grainy and salty. Come on guys, I can make chocolate chip cookies when I'm drunk and they're amazing. HOW can you screw this up?

Some have complained about the staff but I found them all to be pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank Retrorich

Hi Retrorich,
We’re sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our design team did not make choices to upset anyone, the rooms were designed to create a unique experience. Our bunk bed rooms accommodate travelers who don’t have a large budget but need two beds. With several different room categories a room with more space is an easy fix and we are wondering if this need was brought to our attention. If another room was available we happily would have shown you other options. We are a pet friendly hotel. The housekeeping department is alerted to all 4 legged guests and additional time is added to servicing that room. At present our housekeeping staff has been notified to check for this issue in all of our bunk rooms. Based on your TripAdvisor profile we were unable to determine who you are or what specific room you refer to. We are pleased you found the staff pleasant and helpful, should you wish to speak of any of us we would love to hear from you.

Sean Walsh & Lisa Conza (sean.walsh@acehotel.com, lisa.conza@acehotel.com, 212-679-2222)

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Loved my room. Great amenities. Great businesses attached to the hotel- Le Labo, Stumptown, Opening Ceremony, the other stores...

Cute restaurants, busy lobby, small but good gym...

They have event spaces there too.

Very cute.

The room had good AC too.

• Stayed: May 2014
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi Ashley R.
We are happy to read you enjoyed your Ace New York Experience! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is very hip without being pretentious--the rooms are clean and smartly decorated, the staff pleasant & helpful...there's a party every evening in the lobby but that didn't seem to interrupt any other activities...

Room Tip: King Size beds have more room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi marjesam!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We loved every bit of your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to let us know when you wish to return! We can be reached at nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com.
xoxo,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Ace Hotel was a good experience; relaxed with a sense of style but not too cool for school. The lobby bar was pretty impressive to look at though does get really noisy. One of my favourite things was the photobooth that does black and white strips of passport photos. The room was a good size for Manhattan, but the street art style mural gave my friend a bit of a headache. The bathroom was nice, the minibar was useful but quite hard to get into. The room had all the stuff you’d want from a hotel room, but it was a bit dark. The staff were helpful. I’d stay here again, if I was staying in Manhattan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi CherryDaiquiri!
Thank you for your visit and we appreciate your feedback. Oh that Photo Booth is the perfect place to capture some memories! Thanks for checking it out. We would happy to offer you a different room when you return - original artwork and unique layouts abound! Please feel free to reach out for assistance! nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com
Cheers,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Really liked the vibe of the hotel. Good rooms, bathrooms etc. Service was excellent and helpful. Great location.

Only small issue I had was that the lobby was perhaps a little too dark.

Overall a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you mejoyh!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our service to be excellent and helpful. Your feedback means a lot to us. Please let us know when you wish to return. We would be happy to assist you! You can reach us at nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com.
xoxo