“Dead Cockroaches on the bed”
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Ace Hotel New York
Ranked #212 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Dead Cockroaches on the bed”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've never heard or seeing of in the hotel can found of dead cockroaches on the bed and not just only one. usually die cockroaches need how many days to take the body of cockroaches to dry flat out You can imagine how many days they didn't clear the room .
When you call the front desk , Response was good no problems he say we will help you replace a clean room. what he meant was the first room was not clean?
Hotel staff thinks is just cockroaches have nothing to complain about.
What do you think ?

Room Tip: I've never heard or seeing of in the hotel can found of dead cockroaches on the bed and not just...
3 Thank yilinhsu
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear yilinhsu,
We’re so sorry for the experience that you had here at Ace. As we spoke about in person this is not at all typical or something that we view as acceptable. All of our rooms are cleaned and inspected daily and we work with licensed exterminators weekly as a proactive approach toward avoiding any issues. As travelers ourselves we do not think that this is okay and our procedures were developed to reflect the expectations of our own staff. Pest control is of the utmost importance to ensure the comfort of all Ace New York guests. We’re sorry that all of our efforts to make you comfortable and compensate for this instance were met with the disappointment expressed here.

Warm regards,
Sean Walsh, Lisa Conza and The Staff of Ace New York

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A friend from New York had suggested to book here as it was well suited to my tastes and character. As soon as I stepped out of the NYC taxi where a casual yet chic doorman assisted with our luggage I already knew that this hotel was going to be right up my alley. The dark and cozy lobby area despite the sunny NYC day lent itself to a mystique atmosphere. The staff at reception were extremely helpful and had great personas. Our room, small yet cozy was just what one needs when visiting NYC a bed to 'potentially' sleep in. Each detail of the room was brilliantly thought out and designed. Loved it all! I even ate at the John Dory oyster bar twice, sipped on cocktails at the lobby lounge and had brunch at the Breslin. Can't say enough about this place. I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We hope this finds you well, CRL00.
You have a great friend and please tell them how much we appreciate their recommendation! On behalf of the entire Ace New York team we wanted to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future, it would be lovely to have you back. We can be reached at NYC.MGRS@acehotel.com.
xoxo,
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4nights in the small room.

R & N subway line the 28th Station is very close.
hotel is stylish.
Room feels dark at first but get used. cozy!
Recommended for people who like vintage furniture.

I ordered room service a "Lamb Burger" of the Breslin restaurant, it was very delicious!

I'll be back ACE!o(^_^)o
already next booked!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We look forward to having you back LALOVE1977 and thank you for your feedback. If we can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to us prior to your arrival! Simply drop a line to nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com. The lamb burger is still on the menu and just as delicious!
xoxo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for seven nights in a medium room and we had a king size bed. This place focuses on what really matters, and setting up a very particular athmosphere. Both are brilliantly achieved. From the cosmetics to bedding, including bathrobes, towels, bed sheets, fridge, carpet, air con, phonic isolation, clothes hangers, lightning, no choice has been made randomly. It's was all about good taste, state of the art design and quality products. I had brought my own shower gel, shampoo and conditionner and ended up using only hotel products. There are customer dedicated notes everywhere (walls, elevators, tiles...) which are all either funny, inspirational or super usefull. Attached restaurant is wonderful and surprising to say the least. Lobby and bar are just spectacular. All the persons who work there were nice, skilled, and helpful. WiFi was good, everywhere, all the time. Not even speaking about location. That place will just make you feel good. I'll definitely book again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your amazing feedback b1nnie. There is so much to love about your comments! Most importantly, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. It is the greatest compliment we could receive and we hope you will reach out to us when planning your return. Please drop us a line at nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com. We look forward to assisting you.
All the best,
The Staff of Ace NY
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Imagine you went to college in East Berlin but the college was formerly an office building from the 1940s. Congratulations! You've just arrived at your room at the ACE NYC. Everything here in the room to me screams cheap and a lame take off of "industrial". I swear I've garbage picked better furniture than what they have in there. Small. Oak. Junk.
When I come home from walking all over Manhattan you know what sounds great? A huge soft bed with a comforter. Not some stupid plaid camping blanket and a bunk bed in a metal frame and carpet that smells like cat pee. Also, how about designing a bathroom where I can actually put things on a counter that I need? Its like a balancing act between the little space above the pedestal sink and the desk where you'll inevitably throw everything you need. Stay here with your girlfriend and you could very well end your relationship over that bathroom. This is the kind of inconvenience I put up with when I lived in New York - its not what I want when I return and pay over $350 for a room. Everyone kept telling me how cool the lobby is and I must admit it does have a vibe but its also loud as all hell and when its not, it turns into Hipster Public Library with everyone staring into their laptops.
After a while it all just started to feel like one of those themed places that converted like a prison or a washing machine plant into a hotel. "Hey its not convenient because thats how it was back then. Get it?!"
The food choices are good with an oyster bar and the Breslin which is impressive and Michelin starred. The coffeeshop to me was rubbish however. Worst mocha I've ever sipped and they had a chocolate chip cookie that literally tasted like it was dropped on the beach - it was grainy and salty. Come on guys, I can make chocolate chip cookies when I'm drunk and they're amazing. HOW can you screw this up?

Some have complained about the staff but I found them all to be pleasant and helpful.

1 Thank Retrorich
Hi Retrorich,
We’re sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our design team did not make choices to upset anyone, the rooms were designed to create a unique experience. Our bunk bed rooms accommodate travelers who don’t have a large budget but need two beds. With several different room categories a room with more space is an easy fix and we are wondering if this need was brought to our attention. If another room was available we happily would have shown you other options. We are a pet friendly hotel. The housekeeping department is alerted to all 4 legged guests and additional time is added to servicing that room. At present our housekeeping staff has been notified to check for this issue in all of our bunk rooms. Based on your TripAdvisor profile we were unable to determine who you are or what specific room you refer to. We are pleased you found the staff pleasant and helpful, should you wish to speak of any of us we would love to hear from you.

Sean Walsh & Lisa Conza (sean.walsh@acehotel.com, lisa.conza@acehotel.com, 212-679-2222)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Loved my room. Great amenities. Great businesses attached to the hotel- Le Labo, Stumptown, Opening Ceremony, the other stores...

Cute restaurants, busy lobby, small but good gym...

They have event spaces there too.

Very cute.

The room had good AC too.

• Stayed May 2014
Hi Ashley R.
We are happy to read you enjoyed your Ace New York Experience! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is very hip without being pretentious--the rooms are clean and smartly decorated, the staff pleasant & helpful...there's a party every evening in the lobby but that didn't seem to interrupt any other activities...

Room Tip: King Size beds have more room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi marjesam!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We loved every bit of your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to let us know when you wish to return! We can be reached at nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com.
xoxo,