“Flavors of New York Tour”

City Food Tours and Events
New York City Cocktail Tour
Ranked #214 of 620 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique concept behind City Food Tours was developed in New York City when Joyce Weinberg, a seasoned food industry professional with more than 20 years of experience, wanted to share her passion for fine foods. From managing Fortune 500 confectionery businesses, to buying gourmet chocolates for Bloomingdales, she's done it all. Compared to other existing New York food tours that focus on more common foods, CFT introduces tour guests to a vast offering of high-quality, artisanal foods and encourage them to support local specialty stores, farmers, and sustainable agriculture. We help people realize that there's a lot more out there than the processed foods they encounter in mega-marts.
Bromley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Flavors of New York Tour”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I took the flavors of New York tour at the end of January. Although it was cold, it was a fantastic experience. The tour guide, Susan, was very informative and friendly and made sure that our group enjoyed ourselves and knew a lot of information. I thoroughly enjoyed the places that we went to and got to taste some amazing food that I wouldn't have tried if I hadn't been on the tour.
Great experience to try and I would recommend it to anyone!!

Bayport, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good fun tour”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We took the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine tour on the UWS this past weekend. Our tour guide was Eric, who was an amicable and informative guide. Despite the cold weather and snowy streets, Eric kept us entertained throughout the tour. Admittedly I thought the tour would be different than it was, but nonetheless it was still an interesting and enjoyable day. We visited several small bakeries which had some tasty, delightful items. We also had a wine tasting, tea tasting and chocolate tasting. Eric did tell us about the history of some of the buildings on the tour such as the Ansonia and the Dakota, which certainly added to the tour. Overall my wife and I had a great time and would certainly consider taking one of the other tours in the future.

Visited February 2014
“Visitors or Locals- great, exciting history and food stop sites of NYC!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I went on the Lower East Side Saturday Afternoon Food tour in February 2014. I have lived in NYC for over 3 years but our tour guide Erik had so much information to tell us about the Lower East Side.

We had about 7 food stops on the trip and each was more delicious than the next.

Erik our guide and the others in the tour were so pleasant and we really enjoyed the group.

Highly recommended!! Thanks City Food Tours!!

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Flavors of NY”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went on the Flavors of NY tour with Susan and was very impressed with the information provided on the tour and with the food we ate. We went to a real old-fashioned meat market, a Ukrainian staple of the East Village, an Italian bakery, one of the oldest churches in the city, and that's only the half of it! We learned about the history of New York style pizza and how the various immigrant groups influenced the cuisines of the neighborhood - and all the time just enjoyed some plain good food! All in all it was about 7 stops with delicious food waiting for us at each one. Susan was a very nice and engaging guide. She was very knowledgeable both about the food and New York City history and was able to answer all our questions.

The tour is highly recommended around lunch time as I ended up full until dinner! It was a great way to spend an afternoon exploring an interesting part of NYC.

New York City, New York
“Downtown Chocolate, Dessert, and Wine Tour”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been living in New York for a while but I never really ventured into these amazing places we visited in Soho! Our tour guide was charismatic and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed all the places we visited, particularly the hot chocolate at birdbath and cookies at the Oro bakery. I would definitely recommend to anyone who isn't familiar with Soho and wants to try yummy treats!