“This tour was a real treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

NYC East Village Food Tour
Ranked #197 of 585 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique concept behind City Food Tours was developed in New York City when Joyce Weinberg, a seasoned food industry professional with more than 20 years of experience, wanted to share her passion for fine foods. From managing Fortune 500 confectionery businesses, to buying gourmet chocolates for Bloomingdales, she's done it all. Compared to other existing New York food tours that focus on more common foods, CFT introduces tour guests to a vast offering of high-quality, artisanal foods and encourage them to support local specialty stores, farmers, and sustainable agriculture. We help people realize that there's a lot more out there than the processed foods they encounter in mega-marts.
New York City, New York
“This tour was a real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a wonderful time on the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine Tour! Wendy was a great guide--super friendly, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about NYC history. It was a really fun experience and I would recommend to anyone looking for the best culinary delights New York City has to offer!

New York City, New York
“A Great Tour of the East Village- Says an East Villager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I participated in the Flavors of NY tour which was guided by Erik and it was an absolute blast. As a tour guide he was charismatic and passionate which translated to everyone really enjoying the tour. He was knowledgeable about the food stops as well as the history of the East Village and made a great effort to show us around as well as feed us some seriously delicious eats. Highlights included locally made meats and cheeses, an authentic NY hot dog experience, and some notable sweet treats to end the trip. Even living in the East Village I learned of some great local spots and a few places I will definitely be revisiting.

“What a terrific time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Today I went on the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine Tour. It was an excellent experience. We went to eight locations where we sampled chocolates, a quiche, tea, croissants, very unique hard candies and at the end, wine and cheese. Even though I live in New York, it was very exciting to discover local businesses I've never been to before. I plan to recommend this tour to my family and friends.

Bromley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Flavors of New York Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I took the flavors of New York tour at the end of January. Although it was cold, it was a fantastic experience. The tour guide, Susan, was very informative and friendly and made sure that our group enjoyed ourselves and knew a lot of information. I thoroughly enjoyed the places that we went to and got to taste some amazing food that I wouldn't have tried if I hadn't been on the tour.
Great experience to try and I would recommend it to anyone!!

Visited January 2014
Bayport, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good fun tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We took the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine tour on the UWS this past weekend. Our tour guide was Eric, who was an amicable and informative guide. Despite the cold weather and snowy streets, Eric kept us entertained throughout the tour. Admittedly I thought the tour would be different than it was, but nonetheless it was still an interesting and enjoyable day. We visited several small bakeries which had some tasty, delightful items. We also had a wine tasting, tea tasting and chocolate tasting. Eric did tell us about the history of some of the buildings on the tour such as the Ansonia and the Dakota, which certainly added to the tour. Overall my wife and I had a great time and would certainly consider taking one of the other tours in the future.

Visited February 2014