“Awesome and Delicious”

New York City Cocktail Tour
Ranked #212 of 612 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique concept behind City Food Tours was developed in New York City when Joyce Weinberg, a seasoned food industry professional with more than 20 years of experience, wanted to share her passion for fine foods. From managing Fortune 500 confectionery businesses, to buying gourmet chocolates for Bloomingdales, she's done it all. Compared to other existing New York food tours that focus on more common foods, CFT introduces tour guests to a vast offering of high-quality, artisanal foods and encourage them to support local specialty stores, farmers, and sustainable agriculture. We help people realize that there's a lot more out there than the processed foods they encounter in mega-marts.
“Awesome and Delicious”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Amanda was awesome! A very pleasant and well-planned tour! (I did appreciate that the sit-down places came all at the end just when we were getting tired, the "courses" were separated with historical sites so we could build up an appetite for the next round) the variety was awesome and Amanda was very knowledgeable about the area.

Visited April 2014

Winter Haven, Florida
“Walking Food Tour; Ethnic foods and history in NOLITO”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We did one of your private tours and it was great! Joyce Weinberg, the owner, set it up and she did a nice job finding a tour that would fit our time schedule and was what we wanted. And we hard to please!! More food than we could eat, cool small locally owned places that you would not even know is some cases were even there had our guide not pointed them out to us! We had Wendy as our guide and she was also great! Answered our questions, told us lots of cool things about the NOLITO area and surrounding areas and culture that none of us knew and two of us have to been to NYC many times. It was great to do something new and different. We felt safe, not rushed and everyone we met was friendly. 8 stops in all and each one very unique from the one(s) before. Thanks for making our trip so memorable! We will use them again!!

New York City, New York
“This tour was a real treat!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a wonderful time on the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine Tour! Wendy was a great guide--super friendly, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about NYC history. It was a really fun experience and I would recommend to anyone looking for the best culinary delights New York City has to offer!

New York City, New York
“A Great Tour of the East Village- Says an East Villager”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I participated in the Flavors of NY tour which was guided by Erik and it was an absolute blast. As a tour guide he was charismatic and passionate which translated to everyone really enjoying the tour. He was knowledgeable about the food stops as well as the history of the East Village and made a great effort to show us around as well as feed us some seriously delicious eats. Highlights included locally made meats and cheeses, an authentic NY hot dog experience, and some notable sweet treats to end the trip. Even living in the East Village I learned of some great local spots and a few places I will definitely be revisiting.

“What a terrific time!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Today I went on the Chocolate, Dessert and Wine Tour. It was an excellent experience. We went to eight locations where we sampled chocolates, a quiche, tea, croissants, very unique hard candies and at the end, wine and cheese. Even though I live in New York, it was very exciting to discover local businesses I've never been to before. I plan to recommend this tour to my family and friends.