“Chelsea Hilton”

Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City
Ranked #319 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel has a great location in a great NYC neighborhood. Close to restaurants, shops, and great attractions like The High Line. An experienced, courteous staff will make you feel at home. Although the rooms are on the small size (almost European-like)they are very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,137)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great choice for a weekend trip in NYC! Hotel was comfortable but we didn't like their pillows. Friendly staff and concierge were helpful. Nice street level outdoor sitting area. The hotel location is convenient to major attractions like Madison Square Garden, Times Square and great shopping. Subways stops convenient for your ease of getting Uptown and/or Downtown. I would recommend you eat at The Stage Door (33rdSt/8thAv.) for breakfast. Skip the hotel restaurant because there are plenty of places to eat in the area. Will return to the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 14th are quieter
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a great stay in the doubletree in new york…the staff was very friendly. Almost all of our linens had spots on them, but I didn't get the feeling that they were dirty…just old stains. The location was fabulous and we enjoyed our stay. Thanks.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

had a nice room on a high floor with a view of the empire state building. the bed was comfortable, me and my boyfriend slept like little babies! the breakfast was amazing! had a little bit of everything! would deferentially stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed two nights here, and it was everything we needed for a great stay. I chose this hotel because they had the best rates I could find for a hotel close to the train station. My husband and I have been to the city before so we didn't worry about a room with a view, but from the 11th floor we were able to see the Empire State peeking behind a few other buildings (see pic). The cookie upon check-in was nice (it does have nuts just FYI) and I was so glad they had cold water available in the lobby, as it was hot walking around the city and nice to be able to cool off right away when we returned. The room was actually bigger than I expected (we stayed at the New Yorker two years ago which was teeny by comparison), and we got a king-sized bed for the same price as a queen (why not?). I had read reviews complaining about the slow elevators, but we really didn't experience that until we were leaving for good (and then I imagine that it's because it was check-out time). They held our bags free of charge while we walked the city the last day, and the location made it a pretty easy 5-block walk to and from Penn Station. The walls, like in any hotel, are thin, and the windows don't do much to block out the sounds of nightlife, but this is the city that never sleeps! If I can find similar prices the next time we travel, I will most likely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view if it's your first time in the city.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is my second time in NY. Because of bad hotel experience last time I try to find a place I can actually sleep and feel comfortable. Double tree Chelsea was right bet. room is a bit small but efficiently organized (NY hotel rooms are all small), bed was comfortable, room is quiet, air conditioning was quiet as well. Hotel staffs were Pleasants and helpful. Also location is great - easy access to subways and walking distance to main attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for business trips for the past four years and have always been pleased. This time, however, I experienced an issue in reserving a room with a view at $319 per night, but when I arrived, there were no view rooms available so I was placed in a 5th floor room with a view of the adjacent building. I was, however, still charged the full $319 a night even though I specifically asked if they would be discounting the room. Unfortunately, I did not notice the overcharge at the time I checked out. Oh well - next time I'll watch more closely or will stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business