36 Hudson Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjavits centerpenn stationmidtown westlincoln tunnelnew yorktimes squarerooms are smallminute walkstay there againmadison square gardenbed was comfortableplace to sleeparound the cornerclean hotelconvenient locationnycseabus
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a former native of New York City, it is always a challenge to find a good hotel when I come back to visit, one that is affordable, clean, well maintained and in a convenient location. I finally found a hotel that not only meets these criteria but far surpasses them. And as an added bonus the staff is friendly and helpful. The Hudson Yards Gem Hotel will be my first choice on all future trips.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

the bad experince ever, with un professional attitude from the manager of Hotel Mr.Lawrence Hou. I Disquailfied this Hotel from getting a Hotel name in a great City (NYC), in term of services, reception staff and calculating the invoices
they charged me extra night unfairly

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sultan O
General M, General Manager at 36 Hudson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Sultan O,
Our apologizes that you felt the hotel did not live up to your expectations.
GEM Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very clean room. Very comfortable bed with nice linens. Nice flat screen TV with many cable choices. Very clean bathroom. Room was small but functional. Not may other frills. No nonsense convenient accommodations.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel failed to reach the most basic standard expected of the hospitality industry - providing a clean bed. I would never stay here again even though it is a short walking distance to the Javits Center. Both of the beds in our room had someone's dark hairs between the sheets, meaning that housekeeping had remade the bed with the last guests dirty sheets - YUCK. I picked six long dark hairs out of the bedding - see picture. I'm blonde so they weren't mine. The duvet cover on one bed had some fresh clear-ish stains on them that looked to be made by someone's personal lubricants - I have no words for that.

The toilet had a slimy ring around it from not being cleaned in a long time - you can see in the picture where I tried to clean it a bit with kleenex - and the toilet ran noisily off and on all night long, waking me repeatedly. By 5 am, I finally had to put a pillow over my head to get any sleep.

I had seen a complaint posted about hairs in the beds at the Gem Hotel, but assumed it was one time thing. I was wrong. No one is keeping a close eye on keeping standards up - that ring around the toilet should have immediately raised a red flag. Instead, a great deal of emphasis is placed on silly things like folding bathrobes just so, arranging towels with washcloths folded into fans, and tucking sheets in tightly, but very little on whether any of those items are actually clean. The hotel's priorities are backwards. Cleanliness ought to come first.

I've stayed in quite a few hotels in New York. This one has relatively small rooms for the city. Its beds are comfortable, even though its sheets might not be clean. Its front desk staff is very nice. Its housekeeping is slovenly. My advice would be to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for clean sheets, ours were dirty, so was the toilet.
3  Thank sunnyflies
General M, General Manager at 36 Hudson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear sunnyflies,
I cannot express to you again how deeply sorry we are for the poor experience you had during your stay. I know that during our call we spoke at length about the issues. And I can assure you that this incident shall not repeat itself for you or any future guest at the GEM.
Lawrence Hou
GM

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Compared to other New York prices, this was a bargain - $279.00 including all taxes. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room as well as the friendliness of the staff and the overall comfort of the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sally G,
Thank you for choosing the GEM Hotel during your visit to NYC, we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Your review and comments mean a great deal to all of us here. We all hope to see you again in the near future.
GEM Hotel