I recently stayed at the hotel. Upon arrival I was blown away by the amount of people milling about outside the hotel, the ridiculous amount of tables out side the hotel entrance made getting to the door difficult. From here though my experience at the hotel was unforgettable and I can't not wait to be back. This experience was due to two reasons. first, the beds! Easily The most comfortable and luxurious I have ever slept in. Secondly the staff particularity one of the conciererges Jesse. From our arrival Jesse made our stay an unforgettable one, he arranged reservations and great tables at some awesome restaurants, even planned a whole day of activities for us. I was blown away by his knowledge of the whole city. He was personable, efficient and very professional. And I thank him and the other front desk staff for such a wonderful experience. I see that many people comment about the hotel, I think it's peerfect for people of ages as long as they are willing to except that it's a very active hotel and a lot of people who take up the staffs time arent actually guests. One big downfall of the hotel is the lifts thursdsy , fri, sat and Sunday nights the lifts a filled with people goin up to the roof and drunk coming down, as a guest I found it frustrating having to share busy lifts and wait for a long time on my floor to get one. But overall amazing hotel, great views, great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City