The Standard, High Line
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Soho House New York(New York City)
The Jane(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Maritime Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chelsea Pines Inn(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Dream Downtown(New York City)
  • Pool
The High Line Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The GEM Hotel Chelsea(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Chelsea Savoy Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
3,073 results
All reviewsstandard grillmeatpacking districtfloor to ceiling windowsle bainthe boom boom roomstandard highlinehudson riverhudson studiothe meat packing districtrooftop barwhitney museumchelsea marketnew yorktop floorcool hotelstatue of libertycorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Although the Standard tries a bit too hard to be "cool" (which pops up in annoying ways like the "too cool" front desk staff), I can't say enough good things about the hotel. The location is fantastic -- right in the heart of Meatpacking, near the bars, restaurants, shopping and the High Line. If you're into people watching, this is a great hotel. The beer garden, outside seating and Le Bain club on the roof are always packed with all walks of life. The rooms are quite small (even for NY standards) but they are laid out pretty well and the views of the city, the water and High Line are great. The restaurant also is very good, with great service and large portions.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingFr0mDC
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip to New York. The rate was really high, and I expected high standards for the price.
I was planning to meet clients on the rooftop bar that I'd been told about, but when I arrived I was told it was closed. The bars and restaurants downstairs on the ground floor are really busy and noisy, and not really that attractive, so I had to rearrange all of my client meetings for other locations. The room was really nicely done, with a great view, but it was on the small side, and the table/chair were too low to be called a desk so didn't make a great workstation. They have 512mb internet free but anything faster is $15 a day.
The staff on the front desk were quite snooty, verging on rude. Whenever I asked them anything they acted like I was being a bit of a pain. They told me at the end of my stay that the rooftop bar had been open all along, and I wanted to complain but the guy I spoke to wasn't really bothered. The staff in the restaurant outside all looked tired, stressed and unhappy. There were very few staff I encountered who seemed to care about the good service the US is renowned for.
The meatpacking district is a great area, and if I was going to New York for a weekend of partying the Standard would be a good option, but for my next business trip I will certainly stay somewhere else. I have stayed in better New York hotels for two thirds of the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jimmymuldo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I've stayed at the Grand Soho hotel (expensive, small, and smells old) and transferred to the Standard Hotel which cost less (still pricy but for what you get and compared to other pricy hotels it's one of the best values for your money in NY), is new and spacious, it's absolutely beautiful. I've also stayed at the Plaza hotel before, and by far, the Standard is my favorite in every way. The room is clean, spacious and modern. The service are a lot more friendly. The elevator is fascinating- it feels like you are stepping into a personalized transformation show. They have the cutest furniture set and even room service is great. I love it!

Compared to some of the nice and luxurious hotels in NYC- the Standard Hotel is actually NICE, luxurious, and relatively cheaper. Love it, it's my designated NY hotel from now on!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank petiteblue
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Handsome bellboys guide you through the busy outside tables to the hotel lobby.
Every elevator ride is an occasion to dream away watching the very creative videos or to meet open, worldly young visitors.
Felt like sleeping in matchbox in the Deluxe King room; cosi and small.
Spectacular view of the full moon hanging above the city as if part of the hotel decor.
iPad conflicts with internet provider, a glass of wine on the rooftop terrace leads to better connections...

Room Tip: Get the biggest room, with river views; spectacular!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Prime location, AMAZING service!!!! Soooo NOT stuffy, I assumed it would be, but everyone was so helpful and always had a smile I felt like I was home in Texas! I highly suggest this place, from my room 1410 I could see Ground Zero and Empire State building. I reserved the corner suite, city view and so happy I did. Also go eat at STK steak house 1/2 a block from hotel, eat on the roof top! Very romantic and sexy, great vibe.

• Stayed: September 2011