There are so many other options in the city that provide a much more satisfying stay that I will NOT be staying here again.
Room: (the good) Terrific floor to ceiling windows with great views. Comfy bed. (the Bad) Bathroom smelled of urine, Glass shower is completely open to the room (no option even for a privacy curtain) and room smelled strongly 'perfumed/deodorized'(?). Some other details within the room left something to be desired (concept seems to have won over functionality).
Service: Concierge/Desk staff described in another review as 'complacent'...I would agree. Neither helpful nor hospitable. The other staff was better though.
Rooftop lounge: Fantastic panoramic views (IF you can get in). Some of you will want to note it is only open to 'regular folks' until a certain hour. Later in the evening it is 'by list only'... i.e. NOT OPEN TO PAYING HOTEL GUESTS which is ludicrous, exclusionary against the hotel's patrons and, on principle alone, enough for me to book elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City