I picked the hotel because of its location and appearance from the outside. I previously stayed at the Gansevoort hotel nearby, and thought that this would be a better alternative. The lobby is cool, and checkin was quick and friendly (not as pretentious like the average W hotel). The rooms are very small, but this isn't a problem due to a clever layout, big windows, lighting, and mirrors. The design reminds me a bit of a youth hostel, however if you have enough of over designed hotels, then it's is refreshingly simple and functional. The first room (1509) had a very loud ventilation, however the second room (1701) was even worse. Since it was windy outside, somehow some flaps in the ventilation system made a loud hammering noise that prevented me from sleeping. Was too tired to change it again. I had dinner at the Standard Grill (my second visit, just ok as they barbecued the scallops without any spices or seasoning, the worst scallops in a long time, and the most expensive, too). The bar at the 18th floor is phantastic, cool design, good crowd, great view. Since I left at 6:00 am next morning I placed an order for room service breakfast at 5:00. I was informed that room service won't start until 6:00, despite being told at checkin that they have 24 hour room service. They finally agreed that they could only do an omelette with a filling different to what I ordered (god knows why), however finally delivered the omelette I had originally ordered. The coffee was on the house for the trouble caused (however without spoon to stir the sugar). Still better choice than the Gansevoort, but wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City