“Great Experience of the MeatPacking District”

The Standard, High Line
Ranked #153 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My wife and I recently wanted a night out away from the kids so decided to treat ourselves to a night out in Manhattan. The Standard was an awesome experience, from the doormen to the concierge everyone made our stay really pleasant. Even when checking out, the front desk manager followed up to make sure we had a great stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel for couples!

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,925)

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I visited over Thanksgiving. I had never stayed there, but heard great things about the look and feel of the place. The Standard is the premier hotel in the vibrant Chelsea district!

The desk staff was friendly and accommodating. The concierge, Jesse, had so many great suggestions for places to go, restaurants, clubs. Really excellent. He is an wealth of information and tips for an incredible night.

I would recommend taking time to go up to the rooftop bar. It is a real escape and being all glass gives some of the best views of the Hudson and lower Manhattan I have ever seen!

Room Tip: All the views are great...all of them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2012

From my initial entry into the property - the Doorman greeted us with a big smile and friendliness was erupting from his voice. The Bellman was prompt and I didn't need to carry anything, open a door, or even push the elevator button. I had to tip him more than I planned for because of his true dedication - and he was greatly appreciative that he said,"Are you sure Sir, I usually only get the most a $20 bill." I am from Matthews, NC and I was on business - and I did not expect NYC to be such a friendly town....glad I picked THE STANDARD....My company has a contract with Hilton, but I chose for personal comfort to derive from that - a colleague recommended this hotel for the overall exceptional quality of the staff and amenities.
I have noted for my next visit to NYC during the winter to most likely bring my family this time, as there are many activities for children, and the property has its own ice skating rink. Overall I give this hotel A+++.

Room Tip: The front desk was quite accommodating - just ask for help, and you'll be surprised of how quick...
1  Thank Dante W
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Yes my wife and I live in Brooklyn our whole lives but we love to spend a night in the city. On our most recent trip we spent a night at the Standard and we both loved it. We had a great corner room over looking midtown and lower Manhattan,the view was spectacular. The rooms are very stylish and spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed, and a great tub for two. The staff was terrific, always pleasant and helpful. At night we never left the hotel. Started with drinks at the top of the Standard, a must if your even staying anywhere near the hotel. One of the most beautiful lounges in the city. Followed by a very nice dinner at the Standard Grill, great food, great service, loved it! The neighborhood surrounding the hotel known as the the Meatpacking District is one of the hottest areas in the city with great shopping and many top notch restaurants.We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Every room in the hotel is an experience! The bar is amazing, the restaurants are top-notch, and the rooms are works of art. The location of the hotel is perfect for any stay in New York. I highly recommend The Standard!

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I can't rave about this hotel enough. From the minute I checked in the bellman and front office staff were so friendly and corteous. They were so helpful in reccomending restaraunts and bars in the surrouding area. The room had an exciting view of the city and was pleasently decorecated. Comfortable bed and great shower to which my girlfriend and I greatly enjoyed. Would reccomend anyone I know to stay here if visiting/travelling to NYC

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Recently visited NYC for business. Booked at the Standard and extended trip entirely on my experience at hotel. Loved it and location. Best staff at a hotel I've ever had the pleasure of encountering.Highly recommend.

2  Thank Carlos T