The upside: Great location, cool views, especially from cocktail bar
The Downside: trying to sleep with noise from niteclub which as a resident I think you should NOT have to queue up in the freezing cold for, nor should you be asked for I.D. when clearly over 25 and resident in the hotel. We weren't asked for I.D. anywhere else in NY.
Thanksgiving dinner in hotel's restaurant was disappointing - sloppy looking, overlooked turkey and watery mashed potato you wouldn't give a dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City