OK I'll agree to one thing right away: the rooms have great views and I selected the Standard High Line for that reason. I love the building and the area so The Standard High Line was a natural choice.
My room was on the 13th floor (no superstition) and faced downtown. View was OK (Whitney Museum of American Art in progress). The room is fairly spacious for NYC. Loved the little nook with the bench and table.
My disappointment is with the little attention you are given. I stayed two nights. Complimentary water was offered only on the first night. Turn down service was offered only on the first night as well... I'm used to little attentions (like next day's weather, a chocolate etc.) with turn down - especially at this price range (even in NYC). Here nothing.
Oh yeah, and on the 13th floor you can hear the music from the roof-top club throughout the night. Nice.
I wouldn't recommend the Standard High Line, except if you get a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City