We just left the Standard Highline and it was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Perfect decor, great restaurants, outdoor patio was great for drinks, and the rooms are so cool.
We had a corner king room with a huge bathtub and perfect view of the Empire State Building flashing it's lights all night to watch from the bed.
The only glitch was the snooty restaurant at the top floor. We made reservations for Sunday brunch and they informed us that it was formal cocktail attire - for brunch! We bailed but with so many restaurants in the neighborhood, never regretted it.
Overall though, a stellar hotel that I will return to again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City