After just staying at the Standard for one night I can only advise staying far away. We found our room to be acceptable (all be it small with a strange shower layout that for those with mobility issues would present a major issue) as were the dinning options which is good. Now for the problems during the course of a less than 24 hour stay we got stuck on various floors of the hotel for more than fifteen minutes each time with elevator issues. In two cases my wife and I walked down six flights of stairs exiting the building through a service entrance just to leave. Upon notice the hotel seemed unphased at the on going elevator issues and made little attempt to explain or make the issue right. A hotel of this cost must find a way to better communicate and handle there maintenance issues. We won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City