This is a great place to stay if you are hip! And I mean really, really hip, not a pretender like me. Rooms are small but with a great view. Bar and dining arrangements are a bit confusing with various entrances, times, dress codes etc. the upstairs bar (the one without the strict dress code) is uber cool hence on a sunny Sunday like today it rather resembled a caged chicken factory for the young uber dudes. Much more preferable are the downstairs restaurants which have great food and drinks, excellent staff and a great view of the passing parade of uberatti. Would I come back? Probably but my wardrobe would require a major renovation first. The free bicycles are a great way to get around and the staff on the front desk are fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City