My sister and I, both in our 30's along with my parents booked the Standard highline for 8 nights. We checked out on our second night.
NY being our last stop on a month long vacation meant our luggage needed a room by it's own at this Hotel. The rooms are small, v cool and hip, but not ideal unless you are with your hubby or BF. The shower is exposed to the room with no curtain to give you privacy..The walls are too thin you can hear everything your next door neighbour is saying or "doing". The elevator is waaaay too dark, it has a screen with super cool graphics.. but really way too dark.
BUT the upsides is the hotel is super happening, the restaurants are great, the rooftop bar is fun, it has great views and is very hip. Do not miss going there if you are in NYC, and if you are travelling light, alone, or w a lover..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City