“Great Location, Vibe & view but not for families”

The Standard, High Line
Ranked #142 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Location, Vibe & view but not for families”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My sister and I, both in our 30's along with my parents booked the Standard highline for 8 nights. We checked out on our second night.

NY being our last stop on a month long vacation meant our luggage needed a room by it's own at this Hotel. The rooms are small, v cool and hip, but not ideal unless you are with your hubby or BF. The shower is exposed to the room with no curtain to give you privacy..The walls are too thin you can hear everything your next door neighbour is saying or "doing". The elevator is waaaay too dark, it has a screen with super cool graphics.. but really way too dark.

BUT the upsides is the hotel is super happening, the restaurants are great, the rooftop bar is fun, it has great views and is very hip. Do not miss going there if you are in NYC, and if you are travelling light, alone, or w a lover..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nataly A
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Nataly,
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you got to enjoy some of our food and beverage outlets, despite the fact that we were unable to accommodate your group in our guest rooms. Perhaps on your next visit to New York City you’ll be able to try us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is just one of the best on the city .

Our room 1714 on the top floor is amazing . Great views over the river and to Brooklyn , the Meat packing area is a trendy and e citing area with lots of good places to eat .

The hotel has a roof top bar that has jazz some nights which is very good however beware the drinks up there are eye watering prices!

We ate last night in the Standard Grill which was first rate .

Overall this hotel gives you the service and experience you pay for with the nicest staff you could wish for nothing was too much trouble at all.

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible for the views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Droopydrawrs52
Thank you so much for your kind words! Sounds like you had a wonderful stay and were able to experience some of our food and beverage outlets. I’m particularly pleased to hear your praise of our staff as it is always our number one goal to provide outstanding customer service.
We hope to welcome you back to The Standard, High Line soon!
Key Biscayne, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

An architectural delight, beautifully perched above the High-Line and highly self-satisfied. Ignore the front desk silliness - dress code indeed - and enjoy the hip-but-not-too neighborhood vibe. A standard queen room delivered as promised on city view and packed a lot of accommodation into its "dormitory chic" design, including one of those wave to the neighbors bathtubs. I was worried about late night ruckus, but Standard provides earplugs among its otherwise spartan amenities. Standard Grill is not nearly as fabulous as they would have you believe, but you have to love the setting. The gym, well-equipped and sporting a knock-out view.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Megan,

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back to The Standard, High Line soon!
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a few days and loved the views of the park and city from our hotel window. The hotel is a very "hip" and not your typical fancy and proper St. Regis. We also enjoyed the Beer Garden next door and then the Roof Top Lounge for some sunset cocktails!

Stayed August 2013
So glad to hear you had a nice stay! We are certainly anything but typical here at The Standard, High Line. Hope you’ll join us again soon!
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for several days and enjoyed the location and the concept. I called back to offer a compliment on the comfort of their bed pillows and to ask the name brand so I could purchase them for my home. I was taken aback by the attitude the woman in the design department copped and said "They don't disclose anything"! There are better ways to communicated policy. Her attitude was off-putting and unnecessary. Way to ruin an experience, ma'am!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank AnastasiaPC
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
AnastasiaPC,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed our unique concept. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you encountered after you checked out. I assure you this is not the way we would like to be remembered and I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments. On the bright side, we do sell our pillows right on the website if you are still interested, I am sorry this was not communicated correctly in the first place.
Norristown
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The standard is definitely a must stay if you're in NY to have a good time. The location is pretty good, there's tons of stores and restaurants surrounding it, and the entire look of the place is very trendy and upscale. Walking through the lobby is like a maze, it could even be looked at as futuristic. But the rooms are very cozy and the views are beautiful. You see nothing but the water and the the beautiful city. We went for the Fourth of July and we didn't have to leave our room to get an amazing view of the fireworks! The staff was very pleasant, as I was a little curious as to how they would be from the prior reviews I had seen. We arrived at 9am because we wanted to see the city, and check in wasn't until 3pm, I wanted to go in and use the bathroom in the meantime but they allowed us to check in early and we're very helpful. They didn't even charge us for
an early check in, so that was definitely a plus. The only complaint I do have is that there is literally no parking garages or areas designated for the hotel itself. All the parking garages are blocks away and who really wants there car that far away, sight unseen? So we were forced to use the only parking the hotel offered. The valet ofcourse which was $55 a night.
But all in all the stay was amazing. My absolute favorite parts of the stay was the huge bath tub and the rooftop lounge "Le Bain" I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear tanayb306,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. Our floor to ceiling windows are spectacular on any given day, and I would imagine even more special on the Fourth of July with the fireworks! We are dedicated to providing impeccable guest service so your comments on that in particular are very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Standard, High Line soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I live in downtown NYC (just a half hour walk from the Standard) but I felt like I was on vacation for the night I stayed here. Despite the fact that I know the hotel well (have been to the attached Biergarten, restaurant & clubs upstairs), it was a new experience to stay in their accommodations.

The decor was sexy & classy (think mod-style studio with a free-standing tub & open shower) with stellar views of the city (triple exposure?!). It was a great way to escape the city for a night without actually leaving town. I would recommend the hotel to visitors if they are looking to splurge on a swanky spot in a trendy neighborhood.

I would note that this place has a European vibe & may, to some, have an air of pretentiousness ... but that is what the Meatpacking District is about. Definitely bring (or order) some champagne & wine to enjoy in the room!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors for the best views - we stayed in a room with triple exposure (No...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fromNYCtoanywhere
Dear fromNYCtoanywhere

Thank you for your review! Sounds like you had a wonderful “staycation” in the city. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and got to see The Standard, High Line from a new perspective.

We hope to welcome you back soon!