“Great hotel in a great location”

The Standard, High Line
Ranked #162 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was worried about the friendliness of the staff after reading some reviews but everyone was friendly and attentive. The view from my room was spectacular, part river, part Highline. The room itself was quite unique as it had a glass enclosed shower right next to the bed which my husband and I laughed about. The restaurants were all nice but Top of the Standard and the Biergarten were very crowded, even for a Saturday afternoon. Such a great fun neighborhood and being on the Highline was definitely a plus.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view
1  Thank Robbin H
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Robbin
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a nice stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Our food and beverage outlets are a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, creating a very lively buzz throughout the hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

After a long day of stress filled with meetings at work --- I was spoiled every time I entered the Hotel. The Front Desk staff always had a smile which helped change my mood - they also immediately addressed my needs - dinner and other special requests. One night I was so tired, I was just going to order room service, but after discussing with the concierge - I ultimately ended up at the Standard Grill. I had a great meal and I was impressed by the table touching from a manager - can't remember his name - but it was nice to be treated so kindly. I will come back for pleasure if my wife ever wants to hit the city.

Room Tip: I had a view of the Hudson River - was sweet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Robert

Thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and that you had great interactions with our staff! Service is our main focus so it's always nice to hear that we have exceeded expectations. We hope to welcome you and your wife back to The Standard, High Line real soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A check was wrongly settled to my hotel room but also authorized to another my credit card:
the only thing they had to do was giving me back immediately the money
that they had improperly withheld because of their mistake.
During my stay, in addition to having held my money,
my room was always ice cold,it rained for two days from the ceiling
and no one has ever brought me the kettle that I asked for five times!
I wrote them many times to know where my friends could withdraw the money,
but ...no answers !!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank antoniomilanitaly_13

Antonio,

I am so sorry to learn about your challenges with our authorization policies and that there was a mistake in your billing. If this has not yet been resolved, please reach out to me directly and we will handle immediately. Additionally, it appears we dropped the ball on your room service requests and for this I apologize. Should you choose to give us another chance, please reach out to Julie in our Executive Office (Jguerra@standardhotel.com) and she will make sure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the standard. The room I booked was 'The Hudson Studio' and it had an amazing view of the city and Hudson with glass on the three walls of the room.

The hotel also has one of the best clubs in the city...only downer was that they did not give preference to hotel guests

Room Tip: Hudson Studio was just amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Kevin R, Managing Director at The Standard, High Line, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello! Thank you for your review! So glad to hear you had a nice stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We have never been treated so badly as in the standard. We arrived late night with a reservation that was already fully paid. We were told our rooms were not available because they were flooded. We could noticed the hotel was overbooked. We were sent to a filthy hotel in china town, without a restaurant, without bottled water, without any facility. We arrived to the hotel they sent us to and starved because we were afraid to go out and look for something. Also we were told we had a suite booked at this filthy hotel and it was a lie, we had the cheapest room. We were requested to return tomorrow. I really hope they make it out for us although I don't think there's anything they can do. The manager was rude instead of apologetic.
The lobby is ugly.
They give more attention to their bars than to the hotel and their guests.
It's a shame because it's not a cheap hotel.
We are extremely mad.

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank Mir_fjd

Hello. I am so sorry about not being able to accommodate you on your first night in New York. I hope that you have found our upgraded rooms satisfactory and can enjoy the rest of your stay with us. If there is anything I can do to make your stay more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel allowed us an early check in since our flight arrived before 4pm. The décor was clean and comfortable in the room. The Standard Grill restaurant was on the property next door and had a very good lunch. The hotel has no swimming pool which is too bad.
The first night we were there they brought us complementary water and beer while we were out. Very nice touch. The Standard is located in Chelsea which has the Chelsea Market nearby and lots of little restaurants and shops. We enjoyed our stay there very much.

Hi Caroline
Thank you for your review. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience at The Standard, High Line! Our location is truly ideal and the Meatpacking District is full of unique things to do. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was excited to stay here, but once I arrived - that changed. I've never stayed in a room that small in my entire life. I couldn't unpack my bag because it was so cramped and could barely pass by my husband at the foot of the bed to get to the other side of the "room". The shower set up is stupid and the toiletries attached to the wall make no sense because you can't use them in the tub!
I had to pump shower gel into a glass to take a bath. I did like the bathtub. The ledge placement in the shower made no sense and they never replaced the bar of soap while we were there 4 nights!! The bed was comfortable but it sits on the floor. For $600+ I expected a LOT more!! Good luck!

1  Thank TXHotelSnob

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent stay at The Standard, High Line. We have many types of room configurations and it seems this one did not work for you this time. Please contact Julie in the Executive Office (Jguerra@standardhotel.om) next time you plan to visit and she will help you choose a room that is better suited for your needs. Thank you!