I was worried about the friendliness of the staff after reading some reviews but everyone was friendly and attentive. The view from my room was spectacular, part river, part Highline. The room itself was quite unique as it had a glass enclosed shower right next to the bed which my husband and I laughed about. The restaurants were all nice but Top of the Standard and the Biergarten were very crowded, even for a Saturday afternoon. Such a great fun neighborhood and being on the Highline was definitely a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City