*I have already reviewed The Standard New York once, when I stayed in February, but recently stayed once more @ The end of March & had a great time! The building is architecturally beautiful & I love the part of New York the hotel is situated in--! I was upgraded to a super cool room with Absolutely stunning views of the city (room 1410, Corner Deluxe Queen)---the bathroom had a fabulous free-standing tub with a fantastic waterfall shower---with great views & terrific water pressure! The staff was once again super nice, including Justin, Dwayne, Stephen & Kevin @ The Front Desk---all helpful, efficient, very friendly & seemed focused on pleasing guests. Andrea in Room Service was also very kind!
*See the pictures attached---Some are from my first stay & others from the more recent one---the hotel has recently increased rates, but I paid $195 & receieved an amazing up-grade, but I'm not sure if people can still snag those good rates---the rooms are still worth it & the overall experience of the hotel is so different & unique as compared to other hotels---once the restaurant, bars, pool, etc are open, the hotel will be even better!
*Even the Mini-Bars (fairly reasonable prices, as compared to other NY hotels..) & bath products are unique!! The mini-bars are packed with items & the lighting is also really good in the rooms, with mood-adjusting, which I really appreciate in a hotel.
*Have a GREAT time @ The hotel---It's a very unique place in a sea of trendy hotels. Safe Travels & ENJOY NYC! =)
02 April 2009
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City