I stayed here at the end of May in one of the standard queen rooms on the 11th floor. Everything was perfect for me during my stay - from the friendly reception staff to the concierge guys who always left their station to hail me a cab to the gorgeous model guy who brought me my in-room complimentary breakfast. I loved the room - stunning views of the river (i could see Liberty Statue clearly) and lower Manhattan clearly visible through the floor-ceiling windows, nice comfy bed low to the floor with plenty of pillows, convenient plug outlets for my laptop and cell. The complimentary toiletries (Kiss My Face brand) were ample sized, larger than norm - face cream was 2oz.. Love, loved the deep tub. After my 13 hr flight, it was a treat to fill it and soak, with and be able to enjoy the sunset - clear view through the bedroom. I did not experience any air conditioning problems mentioned in some of the reviews here - my room maintained perfect ambient temps for me. I was neither hot nor cold. The hotel is in a great neighbourhood with lots of boutiques and restaurants. My room was directly above the Brass Monkey - their patio was packed till 3am. I felt safe walking around at night. The minibar was stocked with lots of different options for alcohol & non-alcoholic drinks (bottles were not "mini" sized either) and snacks. The prices were really reasonable and it wasn't one of those cheesy spring-loaded fridges either.
I can see that this hotel is good for singles or young/hip couples. Not kid friendly rooms or for those who don't like the modern look and decor. I wish they had low flow toilets - that was the one unit that was not modern. The bathroom should have had a waste bin and it would have been nice to have a robe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City