Best service of any hotel I'd experienced. Very well-trained staff - attentive, very generous (FREE DRINKS! See below), always a step ahead of you, without being fussy (I despise sycophantic service elsewhere--uncomfortable!). Great location, too.
I couldn't formally check-in as the reservation was under my partner's name -- he was on a later flight, due in about 4 hours. But the lady at the concierge made me feel at home immediately, arranging for the porter to stow my suitcases and loaning me a plug adaptor so I could use my laptop.
She also moved me to the adjacent lounge/café, introduced me to the bubbly young hostess there, who she instructed to make sure my drinks were "on the house". I was blown away by their foresight in this matter; I certainly wouldn't be using their wifi to grumble about the wait on TripAdvisor. I had two of their house cocktails -- a mojito and a kir-like drink. Wanting to reciprocate on their generosity and try the menu -- I'd heard great things about The Standard Grill -- I had their amazing Club Sandwich, which was perfection, arriving with a fresh salad and mini condiment jars.
The standard double room was small, as others have griped, but the fabulous modern furniture, mod/minimal design, and floor-to-ceiling windows made it feel airy.
Those who gripe about room size need to consider the service -- this a great reminder that you pay for the experience, not just square footage (in NYC, at that).
One more note: Breakfast. While not included, the restaurant has a great breakfast menu at very reasonable NYC prices and a great atmosphere; I would much prefer my $10 brioche-french-toast with caramelized bananas, walnuts and maple syrup over a generic spread any time! My partner had a cheese and cured-meats board, and perfectly poached eggs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City