Ultra Mod hotel in the hipster meatpacking District. The decor is ultimate swank, the location fab, the Grill, Biergarden (with knockwurst and ping pong) and 18th-floor bar all nice, but for us, this hotel was all about the view. Our corner room on the 5th floor overlooked downtown, the Hudson and the High Line Park (very cool -- but watch out, park visitors can see you as well as you can see them!). The best part was waking up through the night in the very comfy bed and looking out on those wall-to-wall views of the night city. Awesome! Breakfast in the grill was excellent and the scene (and sunset) in the bar was memorable. Things got a little beautiful-people crowded late at night, but a minor price to pay for the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City