Trendy hotel, deluxe room was nice except for the wet carpet near the open bathroom (even when I checked in - yuck). For some reason their "seperate sink, $hit, shower" layout involves an open tiled shower area that opens onto the carpeted entrance way. Across is the sink and then toilet area. Unclear what the permanent water damage will be, but does not seem hygenic.
Bed was great. View was nice. Location is meat packing district so can be a slog in the cab to midtown, especially with all of Bloomberg's new one-way streets everywhere. Fun for leisure stay of shopping, clubbing, eating out. High Line Park is cool to walk. Lots of wealthy young European clientele (this place must be a hit on Opodo!)
Check-in - WORST EVER. I stood in line for 10 minutes before I gave up, dumped my suitcase with the doorman and ran out to my meeting. The front desk of 1 person was consumed with some foreigner's neverending random questions about New York. Meanwhile, 2 employees sat next to the front desk, ignoring the line, and not doing anything except surfing their Apple laptops and sometimes answering their headsets. odd and unacceptable. The checkin/out line was huge and I'm sure these young ladies could multi-task more than whatever they are doing (seemed like they operated a call center and were told to never make contact with actual people in line).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City