Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$364
US$265
Official Site
  • Pool
US$282
US$235
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$231
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Pool
US$232
US$171
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$375
Hyatt.com
US$449
US$391
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
  • Bar/Lounge
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
  • Bar/Lounge
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$215
5,436 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingherald squarepenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkcity viewaround the cornerfridge and microwavefront desk stafffew blockswould definitely stay here againbryant parkcoffee makercorner roommidtown manhattanhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Loved this Hotel, clean, service very good, and the location was the best. Close to everything. Subway 34th St three steps away. Herald Sq 20 steps away with Macy's and Empire State building around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2011

AWESOME location and good service. Nice, clean, but fairly small rooms. All in all, everything was at least what we expected!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 5th anniversary for 6 days. We booked through HHONERS using our points. We checked in at around 12:30 am after taking the bus from Baltimore. We were greeted with smiles and check-in was quick. We are Silver members so I knew we were supposed to receive bottles of water. We didn't, so I asked, and we received them with no problem (may not seem like a big deal, but after a 3 1/2 hour bus ride and several blocks of walking, we were thirsty!). We received a corner room on the 16th floor. Yes, small. But normal for NYC. We had a view of the street and surrounding office buildings. The bathroom was actually a really nice sized and had a full sized tub and shower.

Every time we left the building and entered there were kind words and coffee or water waiting for us. The subway was conveniently located just steps from the door. Around the corner was PAX, a deli/breakfast type place that was well priced and super convenient and tasty. There was also a fruit stand right outside the door. I know we were right next to Macy's and H&M but we actually did no shopping on this trip so we never went inside.

The beds were extremely comfortable, the towels soft and plentiful, and the TV large and had great channels (no cable at home, such a treat on vacation!). :) The only slight complaint is that the walls are pretty thin so you hear lots of noise from surrounding rooms. However, we like our room cold at night and liked the white noise from the AC, so with that on drowning out neighbor noise we slept peacefully and comfortably. We loved the convenience of the minifridge and microwave, which we used to store cheeses and meats we picked up at a market and heat up leftover pizza from a dinner out.

We have no complaints, and I'd recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. Book it! You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 15 or higher for a better view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice-both times for business. The first time we booked through HHONORS points, the second time with travelocity. Well, the first time, we were treated very, very well. Great service, smiles, check in and check out smooth etc. Room was nice-spacious for NYC standards.

Second time, room was great-we booked a room with 2 doubles (HHonors website did not have availability but travelocity did). Check in was alright although there was a bit of a wait. However when we checked out, the experience was different. I went to the counter because the statement I received under my door had my name on it, but someone else's address. The rep looked at the paperwork, and no lie, he flicked the paper back at me across the counter and said (without ever even looking up at me) "it's Travelocity's address". I handed him the room cards, he took them and that's it. No thank you, no have a safe trip home, no see you next time. Nada. Normally I wouldn't care, but the difference in service between the two visits was quite obvious and I can't help but think it's because of how we booked the room.

I will stay again, but will try to book with Hilton direct!

So

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Dear Worldtravelerca,

Thank you for letting me know about your recent experience at the hotel. It is always our aim to earn and give a 5* rating. I am very saddened that you did not have a brilliant experience and associate interaction no matter how you booked your reservation. Yes we appreciate guests who book directly on the Hilton Web site as we do those who book through any other booking channels. Under no circumstances, should you have experienced any different service or change of attitude with any of our associates. Please know that I take your comment very seriously and it has been addressed successfully at our front office on receipt of your comments. I thank you so much for letting me know. I do so hope that you will return on your next visit to NYC so that we can
Regards
Hilda

Reviewed 23 April 2011

I was very well treated from the time I entered the lobby. The service was friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean, comfortable and had a great view. I was delighted at the excellent value and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the higher floors are great
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business