“Great Stay!”

Ranked #72 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Raleigh, NC
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn as our hotel for our trip to NY to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade due to its proximity to the parade route. Having gotten a great rate I was not expecting that much from the hotel. What I got was a very comfortable room, a great staff, and a location that was convenient to everything we did in the city. The staff arranged for a late check-out for us when we checked in (much needed with the parade watching) and gave great information on watching the parade and navigating the crowds. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet with a gorgeous view of the city. Having stayed elsewhere in the city when traveling on business I will now be making this my go to hotel whenever I'm in Manhattan!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Nalatwo,

Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as well. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting New York City, and greatly appreciate you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/ West 35th Street. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (996)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were able to get a very decent rate, so we were skeptical about the conditions for the price. We took the chance and were very happy we did. We were attending a concert at The Theatre at MSG and needed a clean, safe room for the night within walking distance to venue. This was a perfect fit for us. We enjoyed a great concert and a good night's rest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear cnyorange,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm delighted to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay, and the concert! Don't forget about us next time you are seeing a show at Madison Square Garden! I look forward to welcoming you back to our property.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

While the room was small, it was after all mid-town Manhattan. The concierge (Dwayne) was great! The rest of the staff were nice and efficient. I will likely stay there again the next time I am in New York.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear winnipegbelle,

Thanks for taking the time to write such an excellent review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely let dwayne know that you appreciated his help. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC, and greatly appreciate you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/ West 35th Street.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I drove into Manhattan and did have some difficulty finding the hotel. However, I'm glad to report a very good experience with our choice of accommodation for this visit. Our room, although somewhat small, was clean, quiet and quite comfortable. We laughed to learn that our view was of the roof of the inner courtyard, but this was of absolutely no concern to us, as we had no plans to sit in our room and gaze at the scenery. There is far too much to do in the city for that. The staff, especially those at the front desk, were cheerful and most helpful. We chose to use the hotel's valet parking service and were happy to use the subway and, occasionally, a taxi, to get around the city. We will be very pleased to stay at this hotel again when we have overnight stays in New York City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear MomMomL,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm delighted to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay and that you had so much fun in NYC! I look forward to your next visit, and hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've recently stayed in this hotel for a short trip to NYC. This is of course not a grande classe luxury hotel but for the price I think it is unbeatable in terms of quality and location.

Room are small but cosy. Not so small LCD screen with plenty of channels to choose from if you decide to stay in. Bathroom and shower is high quality. Shower has a glass panel (which I prefer against the curtains).

Lobby is OK and is actually better than the pictures suggest (by looking at the lobby pictures I initially thought the lobby was mediocre in size and furniture quality but that was not the case).

The room was a bit hot for my taste tho.. (And it was not very easy to adjust it to a normal temp and keep it at that level).

The location of the hotel is superb, next to many shopping venues (if you're into that) and you can walk through downtown & uptown easily.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. King size beds were really comfy, had no issues sleeping.

Of course, the hotel does not give you (or promise you) a once-in-a-lifetime experience but overall I would I definitely recommend this hotel for this price point.

I did my reservation via booking.com and the hotel don't really reply to the comments / requests you send through booking.com tho.. At least that was my experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ozgur U,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and that you found our staff to be helpful. Each member of our staff strives for our guests to have a perfect stay. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting New York City, and greatly appreciate you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/ West 35th Street.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a very convenient location. Clean, well managed. Rooms small, walls thin. Plenty of neighbor noise. Each morning heard "knock knock housekeeping" many times as the lady went down the line of rooms, for instance. Paid extra for a king corner high floor larger room... was on high floor, small even for nyc, and not on a corner. Clerk very patiently explained that is was farther from elevator (25 feet, maybe!) And on the end of the hall, so they call it a corner. It adjoined another building, which stuck out futher and blocked the view... definitely not a corner. Insufficient elevator service, you may be waiting 10 mins at peak times.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sedmai
Dear sedmai,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be conveniently located. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay, and have notified the necessary department managers. We recognize the need for our guests to have a good night sleep, and apologize that we did not fulfill this need. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future, and make sure your next stay is perfect.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here and it was great. Checking in can be tough especially if you drive a car into the city. We asked for a higher floor and view if possible. When we arrived everything was ready and the room was exactly what we had hoped for. We worked with Elan who not only followed up with us to make sure the room was to our liking, he also had a gift delivered to our room!! Way to go above and beyond. I have been a Hilton member for 8 years and stayed at several Hilton properties and received the best service at this property. Thank you Elan for making our vacation great!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple